Ermias Joseph Asghedom known by his stage name Nipsey Hussle, was born August 15, 1985. He was an American rapper, entrepreneur, and activist arising from the West Coast hip hop scene in the early and mid-2000s. Nipsey released his first mixtape, Slauson Boy Volume 1 – it was moderately successful leading him to be signed to Epic Records and Cinematic Music Group.
Nipsey Hussle was prominent for his many mixtapes such as Bullets Ain’t Got No Name series, Crenshaw, The Marathon, and The Marathon Continues. Jay-Z bought 100 copies of Crenshaw for $100 each. After much delay, finally, his debut studio album Victory was released in 2018. It received significant commercial success and was nominated for the Best Rap Album in 2019 at the 61st Grammy Awards.
Nipsey earned his “hustle” nickname from his entrepreneurial spirit. At the age of 11, he started shining shoes to pay for school clothes. Later, he sold his mixtapes at a neighborhood strip mall. After leaving Epic Records Hussle founded his own record label. On 31st March 2019, Nipsey Hussle was shot at least 10 times at his store’s parking lot and died. He was already a legend at his demise. Below are his most famous quotes and sayings to help remember his life and impact.
Nipsey Hussle Quotes
1. “It sounds simple telling people to work hard and never quit, but to really execute and demonstrate those principles takes discipline and faith. Those are the two factors that I believe separate the good from the great, the successes from the failures.”– Nipsey Hussle
2. “Black people in America, people from the struggle, immigrants, it’s no generational wealth that we are attached to, so we are tasked to create – in one generation – closing the gap. That’s why we so Doomsday about getting to the check: ’cause it’s life or death for real.”– Nipsey Hussle
3. “I believe that economics is based on scarcity of markets. And it’s possible to monetize your art without compromising the integrity of it for commerce.”– Nipsey Hussle
4. “It’s not called quitting if you quit while you ahead. It’s about being aware and being strategic enough to know that you got to get out the pool at some point. You got to put your clothes back on and dry off.”– Nipsey Hussle
5. “I actually met The Game in my hood on Crenshaw and Slauson. I was outside on the block with 20 of my homies. I see the Range Rover, and we all walked up to his car. I handed him my CD.”– Nipsey Hussle
6. “Most important thing is to get rid of doubt. If you got doubt in what you’re doing it’s not gonna work.”– Nipsey Hussle
7. “A lot of artists come into the game with a radio record, but they don’t establish the fans as fans of their style of music. It’s just that they’re a fan of that song, and after that song plays out, it’s real hard for ’em.”– Nippsey Hussle
8. “I respect Snoop even aside from the music, just as a man, and especially the way he still represents who he is, after being a pop star and an icon. He’s done it successfully and has still been able to balance it.”– Nipsey Hussle
9. “And it’s possible to monetize your art without compromising the integrity of it for commerce.”– Nipsey Hussle
10. “[In Eritrea] in key positions – president, government, police – everybody’s the same [color]. It’s a country run by its people. No racial class, everybody feels a part of it.”– Nipsey Hussle
11. “We represent a hustler. I think we represent inspiration. I think we represent, you know, staying down. I think we represent building yourself up from the bootstraps.”– Nipsey Hustle
12. “Victory’ is like, you won, so the question is, what? What did you win? I think that the songs go into that. It’s just about reaching a place in myself.”– Nipsey Hussle
13. “I always wanted to do things right and represent myself as somebody that took the art serious and someone that took the business serious also, so I had time to weigh the options and figure it out and do my best to create the situation that was ideal.”– Nipsey Hussle
14. “I intend to inspire people with my story: motivate young people that grew up like myself, or even not like myself. Just, you know, go through the human experience.”– Nipsey Hussle
15. “Your parents are supposed to tell you to make decisions that are gonna help you and that’ll have a positive effect on your life and your well-being.”– Nipsey Hussle
16. “Looking at 2014, I look back: we made more money off ‘Mailbox Money’ than we would have made off taking an advance from anybody. We made more money letting our fans buy the stuff directly from us than what any label could have offered us.”– Nipsey Hussle
17. “In 2013, the week before I dropped ‘Crenshaw,’ ‘Complex’ wrote an article that listed Nipsey Hussle as one of Hip Hop’s ‘10 Underachieving Rappers’. I was so offended that I responded with my own opinion about these journalists — their point of view is not validated in our culture.”– Nipsey Hussle
18. “Being self-made means never making an excuse as to why you can’t take steps toward whatever your goal is.”– Nipsey Hussle
19. “I’m about seeing long-term, seeing a vision, understanding nothing really worthwhile happens overnight, and just sticking to your script long enough to make something real happen.”– Nipsey Hussle
20. “That’s the best currency you can offer: inspiration. So, when a person can rely on you for that, that empowers them in every realm of their life.”– Nipsey Hussle
21. “Without a game plan, and without a strong sense of faith in what you’re doing, it’s going to be really hard to accomplish anything.”– Nipsey Hussle
22. “You will never be criticized by someone doing more than you. You will only be criticized by someone doing less than you.”– Nipsey Hussle
23. “Thought is powerful in all phases. Even in my career, even in my life, things end up exactly how I visualized them.”– Nipsey Hussle
24. “Most people want to skip the process, not knowing that when you skip steps, you miss lessons. If you start small and build on what you have, you can continue to multiply that into something greater, while picking up all of the valuable lessons along the way.”– Nipsey Hussle
25. “Luck is just being prepared at all times, so when the door opens, you are ready.”– Nipsey Hussle
26. “If you don’t know your full-throttle history, the whole story of how you came to where you are, it’s kind of hard to put things together.”– Nipsey Hussle
27. “As gang members, as young dudes in the streets, especially in L.A., we’re the effect of a situation. We didn’t wake up and create our own mindstate and our environment; we adapted our survival instincts.”– Nipsey Hussle
28. “I feel that puttin’ in the hours and years in the studio, honing my craft, definitely played a part, me consciously networking and presenting myself as an artist that’s commercially sellable led to me meeting the right people, which in turn led to them givin’ me positive referrals to other people, which in turn led to me signin’ a deal.”– Nipsey Hussle
29. “If it wasn’t for the music bein’ my outlet, I’d probably be hustlin’, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to go and get a nine-to-five, I never finished high school or none of that.”– Nipsey Hussle
30. “It’s my opinion that, if Barack did want to solve the gang problem, number one would be to work with people from the inside out, people who can actually give him an accurate analysis of the problem in L.A., because they’re in it or at one point were a part of it, and now they’re workin’ to change it, and redirect the energy and the focus of it. And then consciously take steps to solve the problem.”– Nipsey Hussle
31. “I always wanted to operate at the highest altitude, just in terms of hip-hop and the music.”– Nipsey Hussle
32. “I try to sprinkle a little gems and jewels in the music that people could use in their own life.”– Nipsey Hussle
33. “I went through every emotion with tryna pursue what I’m doing, you know what I mean? And I think what’s gon’ separate whoever’s gon go for something, that you ain’t gon’ quit.”– Nipsey Hussle
34. “Material things ain’t nothing. You feel me? At the end of the day, it’s who you is. You wasn’t born with it; you gon’ die without it.”– Nipsey Hussle
Related: DMX Tribute Quotes
35. “You’ve got to have faith in what you’re doing and not take no for an answer.”– Nipsey Hussle
36. “My thing is that I don’t give no person that much power over my path that I’m walking. Not one person can make or break what I’m doing, except me or God.”– Nipsey Hussle
37. “It’s cliché to say, work hard, don’t quit. I would really say find yourself and find what’s your, what’s the motivating force behind you? And build around that.”– Nipsey Hussle
38. “We playing the long game. We don’t want the money to stop when we go. When we can’t work no more. We want it to outlive us, we want it to be generational.”– Nipsey Hussle
39. “I knew I wanted to work for myself when I was about eleven.”– Nipsey Hussle
40. “Before rap my last name was my lifestyle, and when I visualize success it looked like right now.”– Nipsey Hussle
Related: Tyler the Creator’s Best Quotes
Nipsey Hussle – Racks In The Middle (feat. Roddy Ricch & Hit-Boy)
This is Nipsey’s most popular video ever. Definitely will give you a sense of his style as an artist.
Related: Juice Wrld – Best Quotes
Nipsey Hussle died a legend and was famous for his great entrepreneurial skills, hard work, and his music career. He worked hard to stop gang violence since he was concerned about the increasing number of deaths in his community and wanted to help decrease crime and improve the quality of life.
In short, Nipsey left the world too soon. He was an inspiration to the youth to help make a better living and most of his quotes are about encouraging people and not to quit.
In June of 2021, The Hollywood Walk of Fame announced that he would be receiving a star in 2022.
See also: Nicki Minaj’s Best Quotes
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.