My friends pray to pass examinations. My cousin prays to get her favorite job. We pray for a wide range of reasons. Prayer is communication to God and connection with a higher power. Here we bring you a collection of some famous Prayer quotes.
Our most inspiring Prayer Quotes
Some people saythey don’t know how to pray. But you don’t need special words. There are no right or wrong ways to pray. You don’t even need to pray long or hard.
Praying is as simple as breathing, and you don’t have to make it complicated. Don’t trust me? Have a look at these inspirational prayer quotes. They will offer some insights.
1. “Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
3. “True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that- it is spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth.” – Charles Spurgeon
4. “Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night.” – George Herbert
5. “Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a goodly Christian weapon.” – Martin Luther
6. “Prayer doesn’t just change things – it changes us. If we are diligent in seeking God, slowly and surely we become better people.” – Joyce Meyer
7. “Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them.” – Mahalia Jackson
8. “Prayer is a form of meditation, isn’t it? It’s laws of attraction: whatever you put out into the universe is what it receives. It’s just kind of putting your thoughts out into the universe.” – Anthony Joshua
9. “Prayer gives a man the opportunity of getting to know a gentleman he hardly ever meets. I do not mean his maker, but himself.” – William Ralph Inge
10. “I’m healthy as can be – not an ache or a pain. A lot of my prayer is thanking the Lord that I am healthy. I pray for long life and good health.” – Joel Osteen
11. “The reality is, my prayers don’t change God. But, I am convinced prayer changes me. Praying boldly boots me out of that stale place of religious habit into authentic connection with God Himself.” – Lysa TerKeurst
12. “If you believe in prayer at all, expect God to hear you. If you do not expect, you will not have. God will not hear you unless you believe He will hear you; but if you believe He will, He will be as good as your faith.” – Charles Spurgeon
13. “Prayer is simply talking to God like a friend and should be the easiest thing we do each day.” – Joyce Meyer
14. “Time spent in prayer is never wasted.” – Francis Fenelon
15. “Prayer delights God’s ear; it melts His heart; and opens His hand. God cannot deny a praying soul.” – Thomas Watson
16. “In the morning, prayer is the key that opens to us the treasures of God’s mercies and blessings; in the evening, it is the key that shuts us up under his protection and safeguard.” – Billy Graham
17. “Prayer is the link that connects us with God.” – A. B. Simpson
18. “Regardless of where you are or what country you are in, God knows your prayers.” – D. Duane Engler
19. “Our prayers are strengthened when we know God is listening and that He is faithful.” – Dr. David Jeremiah
20. “You can bring everything to him in prayer.” – Rick Warren
21. “When we pray, we relax, reflect, and renew our commitments to God. The peace that comes from consulting with God and receiving His divine wisdom is a powerful hug.” – David DeNotaris
22. “Remember, our prayers do not need to be long. Sometimes only a word or two will suffice.” – Dr. David Jeremiah
23. “I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” – Abraham Lincoln
24. “A person without prayer is like a tree without roots.” – Pope Pius XII
25. “Have you ever said, ‘Well, all we can do now is pray?’ …When we come to the end of ourselves, we come to the beginning of God.” – Billy graham
26. “Prayer lays hold of God’s plan and becomes the link between His will and its accomplishment on earth. Amazing things happen, and we are given the privilege of being the channels of the Holy Spirit’s prayer.” – Elisabeth Elliot
27. “Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” – Corrie Ten Boom
28. “Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow.” – Benjamin Franklin
29. “Groanings which cannot be uttered are often prayers which cannot be refused.” – Spurgeon
30. “Study your prayers, a great part of my time is spent getting in tune for prayer.” – Robert McCheyne
31. “Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God.” – Edwin Keith
32.“If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
33. “The more you pray, the less you’ll panic. The more you worship, the less you worry. You’ll feel more patient and less pressured.” – Rick Warren
Related: Pastor Appreciation Quotes
34. “In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” – John Bunyan
35. “Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?” – Corrie ten Boom
36.“I have so much to do that I shall spend the first three hours in prayer.” – Martin Luther
37. “Go where your best prayers take you.” – Frederick Buechner
38. “Prayer is not an old woman’s idle amusement. Properly understood and applied, it is the most potent instrument of action.” – Mahatma Gandhi
39. “Your prayer for someone may or may not change them, but it always changes YOU.” – Craig Groeschel
40. “Prayer is not a check request asking for things from God. It is a deposit slip – a way of depositing God’s character into our bankrupt souls.” – Dutch Sheets
41. “You may pray for an hour and still not pray. You may meet God for a moment and then be in touch with Him all day.” – Fredrik Wisloff
42. “When I pray for another person, I am praying for God to open my eyes so that I can see that person as God does, and then enter into the stream of love that God already directs toward that person.” – Philip Yancey
43. “Prayer is not a discourse. It is a form of life, the life with God. That is why it is not confined to the moment of verbal statement.” – Jaques Ellul
44. “God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil.” – E. M. Bounds
45. “Prayer is not monologue, but dialogue; God’s voice is its most essential part. Listening to God’s voice is the secret of the assurance that He will listen to mine.” – Andrew Murray
46. “Perfect prayer does not consist in many words, silent remembering and pure intention raises the heart to that supreme Power.” – Amit Ray
47. “Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.” – Mary Harris Jones
48 “God does nothing but by prayer, and everything with it.” – John Wesley
49. “Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.” – Oswald Chambers
50. “Next to the wonder of seeing my Savior will be, I think, the wonder that I made so little use of the power of prayer.” – D. L. Moody
51. “A day without prayer is a day without blessing, and a life without prayer is a life without power.” – Edwin Harvey
52. “The main lesson about prayer is just this: Do it! Do it! DO IT! You want to be taught to pray. My answer is: pray and never faint, and then you shall never fail.” – John Laidlaw
53. “Prayer-secret, fervent, believing prayer-lies at the root of all personal godliness.” – Carey’s Brotherhood
54. “Prayer makes your heart bigger, until it is capable of containing the gift of God himself. Prayer begets faith, faith begets love, and love begets service on behalf of the poor.” – Mother Teresa
55.“Prayer is not overcoming God’s reluctance. It is laying hold of His willingness.” – Martin Luther
56. “Communicating with God is the most extraordinary experience imaginable, yet at the same time it’s the most natural one of all, because God is present in us at all times. Omniscient, omnipotent, personal-and loving us without conditions. We are connected as One through our divine link with God.” – Unknown
57. “Prayer is the first thing, the second thing, the third thing necessary to a minister. Pray, then my dear brother; pray, pray, pray.” – Edward Payson Eben Alexander
58. “The reason why we obtain no more in prayer is because we expect no more. God usually answers us according to our own hearts.” – Richard Alleine
59. “Pray, and let God worry.” – Martin Luther
60. “Answered prayer is the interchange of love between the Father and His child.” – Andrew Murray
61. “Effective prayer is prayer that attains what it seeks. It is prayer that moves God, effecting its end.” – Charles G. Finney
62. “The greatest gift we can give to others is our prayers.” – Unknown
63. “Prayer has mighty power to move mountains because the Holy Spirit is ready both to encourage our praying and to remove the mountains hindering us.” – Wesley L Duewel
64. “Some people pray just to pray and some people pray to know God.” – Andrew Murray
65. “There is a mighty lot of difference between saying prayers and praying.” – John G. Lake
66. “Always respond to every impulse to pray. The impulse to pray may come when you are reading or when you are battling with a text. I would make an absolute law of this” – always obey such an impulse.” – Martyn Lloyd-Jones
67. “Wishing will never be a substitute for prayer.” – Ed Cole
68. “One can believe intellectually in the efficacy of prayer and never do any praying.” – Catherine Marshall
69. “When I pray, coincidences happen, and when I don’t pray, they don’t.” – William Temple
70. “We can be tired, weary, and emotionally distraught, but after spending time alone with God, we find that He injects into our bodies energy, power and strength.” – Charles Stanley
71. “Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” – Alice Walker
72. “Prayer is the spirit speaking truth to Truth.” – Philip James Bailey
73. “Prayer is nothing but the breathing that out before the Lord, that was first breathed into us by the Spirit of the Lord.” – Thomas Brooks
74. “Prayer is to our relationship with our divine source what conversation is to our most intimate human relationships. Like water for a plant, it’s a condition for growth.” – Daniel Murphy
75. “The only difference between a wish and a prayer is that you’re at the mercy of the universe for the first, and you’ve got some help with the second.” – Jodi Picoult
76. “Prayer is the soul’s sincere desire. Your desire is your prayer. It comes out of your deepest needs and it reveals the things you want in life.” – Joseph Murphy
77. “Let your life reflect the faith you have in God. Fear nothing and pray about everything. Be strong, trust God’s word, and trust the process.” – Germany Kent
78. “Praying and sinning will never live together in the same heart. Prayer will consume sin, or sin will choke prayer.” – J.C. Ryle
The Power of Prayer – Inspirational and Motivational Video!
Related: Inspiring Church Quotes
Use these prayer quotes to inspire you today!
According to some, prayer is letting a higher power know about your wants or needs. Yes, praying is a great way to live a thoughtful life and connect with like minded individuals in your community. But remember, prayer is not a magic wand that would supply your demands in a fraction of seconds.
Praying is like talking to your best friend. And when those words come straight from the heart, God definitely listens.
We hope that these Prayer quotes will strengthen your bond with god and nourish your soul.
Finally check out these incredible quotes about trusting in god!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.