Goddess quotes are all wise sayings made concerning a female divinity. Every female deity or greatly admired woman due to her extraordinary beauty is a goddess. Some religions such as Hinduism, paganism, Buddhism, and ancient cultures including Egypt, Greece, Mesopotamia, the Americas among others hold a woman figure as a player and worship a central area. In that case, the goddess figure is sacred.
Any female to possess the title of a goddess should have the following traits; love, motherhood, beauty, sexuality, and more. For example, Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love and beauty while Lakshmi is the Hindu Goddess for wealth, incase money is a problem.
From that perspective, goddess quotes emphasize more on how man holds and animates the term goddess. The more adorable a female figure is, the greater honor she gets. The following is a list of some of the goddess’s quotes that will inspire you to live to greater standards.
Quotes About Goddesses
1. “All women are goddesses, and it’s just a matter of letting that goddess-power shine – and if you don’t try to be the biggest and worst damn goddess you can be, you are selling yourself short.”– Kimora Lee Simmons
2. “The Goddess does not rule the world; She is the world. Manifest in each of us, She can be known internally by every individual, in all her magnificent diversity.”–Starhawk
3. “Truth is a shining goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable.”–Bertrand Russell
4. “I met Anne in the autumn… Autumn, that wild season when rural men rack orchard trees with sticks and weep with the desire to kiss faraway Demeter’s supple breasts—to set lips to her travel-swollen eyes. They seek goddesses, but I desired only Anne.”– Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy
5. “Despite the documented evidence by chess historian HJR Murray, I’ve always thought that chess was invented by a goddess.”–George Koltanowski
6. “The Goddess doesn’t enter us from outside; she emerges from deep within. She is not held back by what happened in the past. She is conceived in consciousness, born in love, and nurtured by higher thinking. She is integrity and value, created and sustained by the hard work of personal growth and the discipline of a life lived actively in hope.”–Marianne Williamson
7. “A queen keeps a court that is spoken about. A goddess keeps a court that is never forgotten.”–Nalini Singh
8. “The simplest and most basic meaning of the symbol of the Goddess is the acknowledgment of the legitimacy of female power as a beneficent and independent power.”– Carol P. Christ
9. “Beauty: it curves, curves are beauty. Shapely goddesses, Venus, Juno: curves the world admires.”– James Joyce, Ulysses
10. “For me Greece is Maria Farantouri. This is how I imagined Goddess Hera to be: strong, pure and vigilant. I have never encountered any other artist able to give me such a strong sense of the divine.”–François Mitterrand
11. “Men who care passionately for women attach themselves at least as much to the temple and to the accessories of the cult as to their goddess herself.”–Marguerite Yourcenar
12. “The Goddess falls in love with Herself, drawing forth her own emanation, which takes on a life of its own. Love of self for self is the creative force of the universe. Desire is the primal energy, and that energy is erotic: the attraction of lover to beloved, of planet to star, the lust of electron for proton. Love is the glue that holds the world together.”–Starhawk
13. “We are souls, eternal and perfect, captains of our mystic ships: gods and goddesses of our universe. We are beautiful, we pearls of grit. We, the ember of everything. Our uniqueness IS what makes us special, and the expression of it is our gift to the rest of us. In order to feel happy and fulfilled, we must honour our own personal brand of creativity… let it out into the world… BE who we came here to BE.”– Angie karan
14. “Proceed, great chief, with virtue on thy side. Thy ev’ry action let the Goddess guide. A crown, a mansion, and a throne tat shine, With gold unfading, Washington! be thine.”– Boston slave poet Phyllis Wheatley.
15. “The Goddess teaches us that every ending is also a beginning. May there be rebirth from this death.”– Cate Tiernan
16. “But I can tell you I myself have made many mistakes. Things sometimes I would be ashamed to admit. But if it weren’t for those mistakes I wouldn’t have seen the beauty in me. I wouldn’t have awoken the goddess that lives in me. You see, goddesses although immortal were all flawed. They were all a bit extreme at their calling, and they were all betrayed and hurt at some point. They were even considered devious but what made them unique was their strength.”–Mirtha Michelle
17. “Truth is a shining Goddess, always veiled, always distant, never wholly approachable, but worthy of all the devotion of which the human spirit is capable.”–Bertrand Russell
18. “When you love yourself. You really know how much better you deserve. Respect the goddess who is embedded in you soul.”–Anonymous
19. “Here was a fragment of Goddess myth that, through all its permutations, had somehow escaped being turned on its head. It was the perfect springboard for the sort of novel I wanted to write.”– Joan D. Vinge
20. “Serena looked through the violently rotating flames and saw Vanessa, Jimena, and Catty running toward her. They looked like goddesses; Vanessa dressed in shimmering blue, Jimena in lightning-strike silver, and Catty in wild strawberry pink, their hair bouncing in silky soft swirls with each step.”– Lynne Ewing, Into the Cold Fire
21. “I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky.”–Aleister Crowley
22. “The simplest and most basic meaning of the symbol of the Goddess is the acknowledgment of the legitimacy of female power as a beneficent and independent power.”–Carol P. Christ
23. “Venereal: From Venus, the Goddess of love, this word refers to the reality of desire. With the rise of Protestantism and science, the word “disease” was tacked on in a revealing combination of categorization and moralizing. “Which disease?” “The disease of love.”–John Ralston Saul
24. “On your lips I read the monologue of goddesses.”– Yvan Goll
25. “If a woman doesn’t look like a Goddess during labor, then someone isn’t treating her right.”– Ina May Gaskin
26. “We must find out for ourselves that inside us is a god or goddess in embryo that wants to be born so that we can express our divinity.”–Deepak Chopra
27. “I have called on the Goddess and found her within myself.”–Marion Zimmer Bradley
28. “How do you think gods and goddesses are created?” he asked. “They’re anomalies. People who have sacrificed themselves for something bigger than themselves.”– Aditi Khorana, The Library of Fates
29. “Rising up from the ashes airing those flickering flame. I’ll reassemble myself becoming the goddess of flame.”– Misbah Abu Obaida Khan
30. “Night, sable Goddess! from her ebon throne,In rayless majesty, now stretches forthHer leaden scepter o’er a slumbering world.”–Edward Young
31. “A goddess is the sum of all her believers, all the prayers and hopes and curses and despair ever uttered in her name.”–y Lake, Green
32. “Beauty! Terrible Beauty! A deathless Goddess– so she strikes our eyes!”– Homer
33. “The kind of connectedness women ‘s spirituality and Goddess spirituality teaches about the earth is missing in politics today and the people who are guiding our countries see only nature as a resource for industrial growth. They don’t see the sacredness and the interconnectedness and the simple fact that we live on a finite planet.”– Charlene Spretnak in Goddess
34. “Until we stop clinging to the concept of good and evil, the world will continue to manifest as friendly goddesses and harmful demons.”– Pema Chodron
35. “Though both are bound in the spiral dance, I would rather be a cyborg than a goddess.”–Donna J. Haraway
36. “The image of the Goddess inspires women to see ourselves as divine, our bodies as sacred, the changing phases of our lives as holy, our aggression as healthy, our anger as purifying, and our power to nurture and create, but also to limit and destroy when necessary, as the very force that sustains all life. Through the Goddess we can discover our strength, enlighten our minds, own our bodies, and celebrate our emotions. We can move beyond narrow, constricting roles and become whole.”–Starhawk
37. “In a child’s eyes a mother is a goddess. She can be glorious or terrible, benevolent or filled with wrath, but she commands love either way. I am convinced this is the greatest power in the universe.”– N.K. Jemison
38. “Hail, gentle Dawn! mild blushing Goddess, hail!Rejoic’d I see thy purple mantle spreadO’er half the skies, gems pave thy radiant way,And orient pearls from ev’ry shrub depend.”– William Somerville
39. “Live your best life….let your Inner Goddess out to Play!”– Paula Weisflock
40. “Love has the face of a goddess, but the talons of a lion.”– Ivan Panin
41. “Trust me, I have never seen Her yet, but I swear, forever I have felt Her all over.”–~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha
42. “There are only two types of women – goddesses and doormats.”– Pablo Picasso
Goddesses Video – Top 10 Most Powerful Goddesses of Mythology
This is a very fun educational video on this topic. They discuss the top 10 most powerful goddesses in a fun and educational way. Definitely worth a watch!
In conclusion, you are supposed to find the goddess deep inside yourself rather than trying to look for a god in other people. Goddess is more like the world, and not a ruler. In that case, she can perfectly manifest in every person holding all her virtues such as sexuality, love, beauty, and more.
Any female who is adored or highly admired is a modern goddess. Sometimes, she is personally reflective, honest, feels complete, and self-awareness.
Goddess quotes mainly appreciate the nature and beauty of a woman. With the above quotes, you will be in a position to appreciate all female characters revolving around your life and make perfect collaborations with them.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.