As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
The movie Ferris Bueller’s day Off was released in 1986 and is still widely loved today. Cast members included Jennifer Grey, Jeffrey Jones, Mia Sara, Charlie Sheen, Alan Ruck and Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller himself.
The movie was a teenager movie written and directed by John Hughes, who also wrote films such as ‘Sixteen Candles’ and ‘Breakfast Club’. John Hughes called Paramount Films and pitched this film in one sentence. And after getting a go ahead from Paramount Films, he reportedly wrote the script in just four days! Incredible.
Ferris Bueller is a natural when it comes to committing truancy. The whole film is obviously based around Ferris Bueller taking a day off of school. He fakes being sick, called the school to get his girlfriend out of school, helped wreck his best friend’s dad’s Ferrari and even sang a song in a parade.
Being charismatic, cocky, charming and breaking the rules are all things that describe Ferris Bueller’s character. Teens loved him back then and they still love him today, This movie is truly a classic. And here are the best lines from the film. Enjoy!
Ferris Bueller Quotes
- “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Pardon my French, but Cameron is So tight that If you stuck a lump of coal up his *ss, in two weeks you’d have a diamond.” – Ferris Bueller
- “The question isn’t ‘what are we going to do’, the question is ‘what aren’t we going to do?’” – Ferris Bueller
- “This is my ninth sick day This semester. It’s getting pretty tough coming up with new illnesses. If I go for ten, I’m probably gonna have to barf up a lung. So I better make This one count.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Ladies and gentlemen, you are such a wonderful crowd, we’d like to play a little tune for you. It’s one of my personal favorites and I’d like to dedicate it to a young man who doesn’t think he’s seen anything good today – Cameron Frye, This one’s for you.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Yep. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.” – Ferris Bueller
- “You’re not dying, you just can’t think of anything good to do.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Do you have a kiss for daddy?” – Ferris Bueller
- “I asked for a car, I got a computer. How’s that for being born under a bad sign?” – Ferris Bueller
- “It is his fault he didn’t lock the garage.” – Ferris Bueller
- “You’re still here? It’s over. Go home.” – Ferris Bueller
- “I did have a test today. That wasn’t bullsh*t. It’s on European socialism. I mean, really, what’s the point? I’m not European. I don’t plan on being European, So who gives a crap If they’re socialists? They could be fascist anarchists – that still wouldn’t change the fact that I don’t own a car.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Speak any English?” – Ferris Bueller
- “The key to faking out the parents is the clammy hands. It’s a good non-specific symptom. I’m a big believer in it. A lot of people will tell you a good phoney fever is a deadlock, but If you get a nervous mother, you could wind up in a doctor’s office that’s worse than school.” – Ferris Bueller
- “[describing Cameron’s house] The place is like a museum. It’s very beautiful and very cold, and you’re not allowed to touch anything.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Hi, This is Ferris Bueller. Can I speak to Mr. Rooney, please? Thank you.” – Ferris Bueller
- “You fake a stomach cramp, and when you’re bent over, moaning and wailing, you lick your palms. It’s a little childish and stupid, but then, So is high school.” – Ferris Bueller
- “[looking back at Cameron] You killed the car.” – Ferris Bueller
- “If anybody needs a day off, it’s Cameron. He has a lot of things to sort out before he graduates. He can’t be wound up This tight and go to college, his roommate will kill him.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Where’s your brain?” – Ferris Bueller
- “Qué bella. [kisses his fingers] Cameron, I’m sorry, but we can’t pick up Sloane in your car. Mr. Rooney would never believe Mr. Peterson drives that piece of sh*t.” – Ferris Bueller
- “You wear too much eye makeup. My sister wears too much. People think she’s a wh*re.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Cameron has never been in love… at least, nobody’s ever been in love with him. If things don’t change for him, he’s gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she’s gonna treat him like sh*t, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence.” – Ferris Bueller
- “First of all you can never go too far. Second of all, If I’m going to be caught, it’s not gonna be by a guy like that!” – Ferris Bueller
- “Never had one lesson!” – Ferris Bueller
- “It is a piece of sh*t. Don’t worry about it. I don’t even have a piece of sh*t; I have to envy yours.” – Ferris Bueller
- “How can we pick up Sloane If Rooney is there with her?” – Ferris Bueller
- “I am not going to sit on my a** as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I’m going to take a stand. I’m going to defend it. Right or wrong. I’m going to defend it.” – Ferris Bueller
- “You can’t respect somebody who kisses your *ss. It just doesn’t work.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Look, I’m sorry. There’s nothing else we can do. [Ferris slowly gets in the Ferrari, and closes the door] Ooh.” – Ferris Bueller
- “It’s not that I support facsism or any ism for that matter. Isms in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, ‘I don’t believe in Beatles, I just believe in me.’ Not bad, but then again he was the walrus.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Jeannie, please don’t be upset with me. You have your health, be thankful.” – Ferris Bueller
- “It is So choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Now, I didn’t hit you. I lightly slapped you.” – Ferris Bueller
- “It’s a little childish and stupid, but then So is high school.” – Ferris Bueller
- “[drives back to pick up Cameron] Come on! Live a little!” – Ferris Bueller
- “Ferris Bueller: ‘Look, it’s real simple. Whatever mileage we put on, we’ll take off.’ Cameron Frye: ‘How?’ Ferris Bueller: ‘We’ll drive home backwards.’” – Ferris Bueller
- “They bought it. Incredible, one of the worst preformances of my career and they never doubted it for a second.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Do you realize that If we played by the rules right now we’d be in gym?” – Ferris Bueller
- “Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.” – Ferris Bueller
- “How many miles did you say This thing had on it when we left?” – Ferris Bueller
- “Cameron Frye: ‘Ferris, my father loves This car more than life itself.’ Ferris Bueller: ‘A man with priorities So far out of whack doesn’t deserve such a fine automobile.’” – Ferris Bueller
- “How could I possibly be able to handle school on a day like this?” – Ferris Bueller
- “Who is it? Oh, I’m sorry. I can’t come to the door right now. I’m afraid that in my weakened condition, I could take a nasty spill down the stairs and subject myself to further school absences.” – Ferris Bueller
- “4,000 restaurants in the downtown area, I pick the one my father goes to.” – Ferris Bueller
- “If you had access to a car like this, would you take it back right away? Neither would I.” – Ferris Bueller
- “Ferris Bueller: ‘If you’re not over here in fifteen minutes, you can find a new best friend.’ Cameron Frye: ‘You’ve been saying that since the fifth grade.’” – Ferris Bueller
- “This is the part where Cameron goes Berserk. (Cameron Screams)” – Ferris Bueller
- “You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate your concern for my well-being. Have a nice day!” – Ferris Bueller
- “Cameron: ‘Let’s surrender.’ Ferris: ‘Never.’” – Ferris Bueller
See also: Ben Stein Quotes
Ferriss Bueller’s Day Off – Official Movie Trailer
Here is the official trailer for the movie. It will remind you how much fun and how silly this movie was. And it might even inspire you to watch the movie again this week!
Ferris Bueller may not be the best role model for children and teens because of his attitude toward truancy and skipping school. But this movie is a classic from the 1980’s and capture’s what high school was like for American students. Ferriss was a pretty good friend for offering to take the blame for Cameron, being a good boyfriend to his girlfriend (besides taking her out of school to commit truancy with him), and even his sister accepted Ferris for who he was at the end of the movie.
Here is an interesting fact about the movie most people don’t know….Jennifer Grey, the woman that played Jeannie Bueller (his sister), actually got engaged to Matthew Broderick after they had met on set! Jennifer and Matthew did not end up getting married, but the actors that played their parents in the movie did have a short marriage.
These quotes are bound to bring you back to scenes of the long loved movie that is ‘Ferris Bueller’s day Off’, share some of them with family members or friends that also enjoy the timeless classic. One thing is for sure, these quotes will make you laugh as you read them in Ferris Bueller’s voice.
And of course the classic quote from Ben Stein in the classroom where he says: “Bueller….Bueller…Bueller.” We use that quote nearly every month.
If you liked this movie, be sure to see Spicoli Quotes, which features quotes from Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.