There are many reasons why we miss someone. They have moved away, they have passed away, or for whatever reason you just do not associate with them anymore. Whatever the reason, it is very hard to miss someone, isn’t it? You can go through bouts of depression, anxiety, anger, and many other feelings in dealing with the loss. Every individuals deals with loss and missing someone in their own way. Maybe the do destructive things, binge eat, cry a lot, or just hide out away from everyone. No matter how you handle missing someone, it is not wrong.
There is no right way to deal with missing someone. Take your time, work through whatever caused the person to go away, and everything will be ok in time. The feelings are not going to disappear overnight, but they will eventually lessen.
I am going to provide you with some quotes that will hopefully help you get over your feeling of missing that special someone. I have done my best to find positive quotes to help you through this difficult time.
Quotes About Missing Someone
1. “Your memory feels like home to me.So whenever my mind wanders, it always finds it’s way back to you.”― Ranata Suzuki
2. “You think that holding someone hard will bring them closer. You think that you can hold them so hard that you’ll still feel them, embossed on you, when you pull away. Every time Eleanor pulled away from Park, she felt the gasping loss of him.” ― Rainbow Rowell
3. “Growth in love comes from a place of absence, where the imagination is left to it’s own devices and creates you to be much more then reality would ever allow.” ― Jamie Weise
4. “Our plans for the future made us laugh and feel close, but those same plans somehow made anything more than temporary between us seem impossible. It was the first time I’d ever had the feeling of missing someone I was still with.” ― Stuart Dybek
5. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” ― Nikki Schiefelbein
6. “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone. You miss the things they did and who they were, but you also miss who you were to them. The way everything you said and did was beautiful or entertaining or important. How much you mattered.” ― Robin Roe
7. “And yet I want to be human; I want to be thinking of him because then I feel he is alive somewhere, if only in my head.”
― Sally Green
8. “you can never love someone as much as you miss them” ― John Green
9. “Do our dreams carry messages from the great beyond, sent by the people we have lost, or are they a reflection of our desperation and wishful thinking?” ― Zeina Kassem
10. “Everyone we meet has wounds upon their heart. Everyone is waiting for someone to scatter the seeds of love amongst their tears and to be patient enough to wait for their beautiful fragrance of dreams to awaken once more.” ― Mimi Novic
11. “And I think missing you hurts the most when something funny happens. Because in that one moment I find myself laughing, and within the next second I want to tell or text you what happened. And then it hits me again, every single time, that you aren’t there anymore. That I lost that one thing that mattered to me.” ― Elisabeth Van den Abeele
12. “Aloneness and all-oneness is our authentic nature. We are always alone and all-one. We came into this planet alone and all-one. We will leave alone and all-one. And also during our whole staying in this world, no matter how we engage in relationships, we continue to be alone and all-one, though we may forget about it or pretend it is not the case.
True love has nothing to do with the idea that someone is the other half of my soul and that I need him or her in order to be whole and feel complete. Only when we can be alone and all-one with someone there is true love, regardless of whether that someone is still with us or not. And yet… I miss you…” ― Franco Santoro
13. “I thought I was over him! So why did my heart still rip? Why did I still feel this sorrow? I got this strange sensation that God was with me. And he was angry. He was very angry–not at me and not at Jack. God was angry at the pain I was going through. I wondered if that was why God hated sin, because of the destruction it caused. For a moment I felt awe for a God who loved me enough to hate the things that hurt me without hating me for causing them.” ― Susan E. Isaacs
14. “I’m awful about your name. I still jump when I hear it. I still feel it rattling somewhere in my stomach. I think I’m jealous of anyone that gets to say it because it’s not my right anymore. Years from now I’ll be standing in a supermarket and someone will casually brush past me, your name falling from their mouth like confetti. I’ll drop everything that I’m holding. My knees will wobble in the way they only did when I was with you. Years from now I’ll still remember how your name tasted in my mouth and I’ll have to start missing you all over again.” ― Azra.T
15. “She’d missed the way he walked, the way he shoved his hands into his pockets when he was nervous, the way his dark hair fell into his mismatched eyes. The way a smile would flicker across his face before he committed to it, the way he looked at her like she was the only person in the world.” ― Kate Lattey
16. “Its been a long time we both talked properly. I guess its because many thing went wrong between us and ik that ab its difficult to get back on the road; road on which we used to travel before. You know every time I open my messenger the first thing that i check is that whether you’re online or not. Let’s begin again and try not to discuss on old shits.. Love you” ― Taimoor Madni
17. “There will always be a part of you that misses her. You’ll see something that reminds you of her and want to tell her about it, only to realize she’s not there anymore. Then you’ll feel her loss all over again. (Ravyn)
You’re not helping me, Ravyn. (Jack) I know, buddy. But you will eventually make peace with yourself, and that’s the most important thing. Eventually, you’ll even be able to smile again when you think about her. (Ravyn)” ― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dark Side of the Moon
18. “For when the cold winds blow, I will close my eyes calmly, knowing I am anchored to you.” — Tyler Knott Gregson
Related: Missing a Friendship Quotes
19. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” — John Cena
20. “I miss you. Not in some cheesy “Let’s hold hands and be together forever kind of way”. I just miss you, plain and simple. I miss your presence in my life. I miss you always being there for me. I miss you best friend.” — Unknown
21. “When you miss someone….it’s weird…your body doesn’t function normally..as it should. Because I miss you, and my heart…it’s not steady…my soul it sings numb. Fingers are cold…like you…your soul.” – Coco J. Ginger
22. “Sometimes I wish that I could have said I love you one more time before you left from my life. I really miss you!” — Unknown
23. “I miss our conversations. I miss how we used to talk every minute of every day and How I was able to tell you everything that was on my mind.” — Unknown
24. “If you wanna know how much I miss you, try to catch rain drops, the ones you catch is how much you miss me, & the other you miss is how much I miss you!” — Unknown
25. “A thousand words couldn’t bring you back… I know this because I tried, neither could a thousand tears… I know this because I cried, you left behind a broken heart and happy memories too… but I never wanted memories… I only wanted you.” — Unknown
When You Miss Someone
Related: Can’t Get You Off My Mind Quotes
Missing someone is never easy. It takes each of us time to grieve in our own way, no matter why we are missing someone. There is no time-frame, no perfect or right way, we just know we miss the person and we need time and space. Whether they have moved away, you broke up, they have passed on … there are many reason to miss someone.
Keep your chin up and do the best that you can to go on with your life. Do NOT give up or give in to the pain and loneliness. In time, it will become easier and things will begin to make sense again, and a new ‘normal’ will happen.
Related: You’re Gonna Miss Me Quotes
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.