The Terminator is one of the movies that made Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn household names. Most people are familiar with Schwarzenegger’s famous quote “I’ll Be Back” – but there are many more famous lines from the movie! The movie was released on October 26, 1984. It was created with a $6.4 million dollar budget and made over $78 million dollars at the box office.
Just to recap the plot summary if you haven’t seen it: This is a science fiction movie about a cyborg who is dressed as a human being known as The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger). The Terminator travels through time to kill Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton). Kyle (Michael Biehn) also travels in time to protect Sarah from the Terminator.
Kyle has a reason why he wants to protect Sarah. Sarah is unknowingly going to give birth to his leader in the future. The Terminator will destroy anyone who gets in the way of him trying to destroy Sarah. Kyle and Sarah have to fight for their lives because the Terminator is indestructible. Every time they think they have escaped from him, he finds them.
1. “Pain is a feeling that can be controlled. All you have to do is unplug it and you won’t feel anything.” – by Kyle
2. “Kyle: Terminators are immune to pain. I am not. Please don’t bite me again.
Sarah: Will you just let me leave?
Kyle: Let me put this in a way so that you can get it. That killer is around here somewhere. You can’t make deals with it. You can’t try to reason with a monster. The Terminator doesn’t feel any sympathy, regret and he’s not afraid. It’s a monster and he will not stop until he kills you.”
3. “Sarah: Are you sure I’m the one you’re looking for?
Kyle: I’m positive.
Sarah: Are you serious? Are you telling me that I’m the mother of the future? Do you think I’m strong? Do you think I’m an organized person? You’re wrong. I can’t even keep my finances together. I never asked for any of this and I certainly don’t want it.
Kyle: I have a message from your son. He wanted to make sure I didn’t forget anything. “I appreciate your strength through the bad times. I won’t be able to help you with the trouble you will be dealing with. The only way I can help you is by letting you know that the future isn’t set in stone. You have to be tougher than you ever thought possible. If you don’t live, I will never be.” That’s all he had to say.”
4. “Terminator: Hello. I am friends with Sarah Connor. Someone told me I could find her here. May I see her?
Desk Sergeant: I’m afraid you can’t do that sir. She’s inside making a statement to the police.
Terminator: I want to know where she is.
Desk Sergeant: You may as well know that she’s going to be a while. If you want to wait, that’s fine. You can sit on the bench over there.
Terminator: Don’t worry. I’ll be back.”
5. “Sarah: Did you have someone in your life back home?
Kyle: What do you mean someone?
Sarah: I mean a girlfriend.
Kyle: No. I have never had a girlfriend.
Sarah: Really? I’m sorry to hear that.”
6. “Kyle: You did a good job fixing my wound.
Sarah: You think so? It’s the first time I ever did it.”
7. “Your son let me see a photo of you. I was confused as to why he did that at the time. It was an old picture of you. It was ripped and it was faded. You looked like you do now. For some reason, you looked sad. I spent my nights wondering what you were thinking at the time the picture was taken. I studied everything about you. I remembered every line, every curve of you. I traveled through time to be with you. I love you and I loved you for a long time.” – by Kyle
8. “Kyle: The older cyborgs had skin made of rubber. That made it easy for us to spot them. The new cyborgs are different. They could easily pass for human beings. They sweat like humans and have horrible breath. They look exactly like human beings. They are difficult to spot. I had to wait until he came after you in order to find out who he was.
Sarah: I’m not an idiot. There’s no way scientists can make things like that.
Kyle: They can’t do it now, but they could in 40 years.
Sarah: What are you trying to say? Are you telling me this thing is from the future?
Kyle: It is from a possible future. I’m not tech savvy.
Sarah: Are you trying to say that you’re from the future? Are you serious?
Kyle: Yes. I am from the future.
Sarah: Sure you are.”
9. “You don’t understand. He will stop at nothing until he finds her. This is all he does. You won’t be able to stop him. He will bull doze pass you, go down her throat and rip her heart out. He will do this with you standing right there.” – Kyle
10. “Sarah: Why is this happening to me? Why does he want to come after me?
Kyle: There was a war some time ago. In a little while, this world will be gone. People did survive. No one knew how the war got started. It happened because of the cyborgs.
Sarah: I’m confused, Reese.
Kyle: There were these special defense computers. They got into everything and were expected to run everything. It became too smart and too intelligent. Suddenly it was under the impression that people were threats. They weren’t just talking about the people from the other side. They decided that it was time to destroy civilization.
Sarah: Did you end up watching the war?
Kyle: I didn’t see it. I was too young to see the war. I was living in ruins. I was starving and hiding from the H-K’s.
Sarah: What are H-K’s?
Kyle: They are hunter killers. They are patrol machines built in warehouses. They divided us up in camps so they could get rid of us. They allowed some of us to live to work. We had to work all day and night. They thought they were going to be finished forever until someone taught them to fight. The man trained us to get off the camps and smash the cyborgs into junk. He changed everything for us. He kept our civilization from being destroyed. The man who helped us was your son John.”
11. “Terminator: I want the gun with the laser.
Pawn Shop Clerk: Yeah. These are beauties and they are new. These guns just came in today. All you have to do is touch the trigger. The laser will come on and you put the red dot on your target. There’s no way you can miss your target. Do you want anything else?
Terminator: I want the rifle in the .40-watt range.
Pawn Shop Clerk: You can only get what you see. You can’t buy anything else.
Terminator: I want that rifle so I’m taking it.
Pawn Shop Clerk: Hey! You can’t take that!
Terminator: You’re wrong. I can and I will.”
12. “Dr. Silbermann: How are you supposed to go back to the future?
Kyle: I won’t be able to do it. People don’t travel back there. No one else will get through. It’s just me and the Terminator.”
13. “Sarah: Kyle I want to know about my son.
Kyle: He’s as tall as me, but he has your eye color.
Sarah: What type of person is he?
Kyle: You would be able to trust him. He is a strong man. I would do anything for your son.
Sarah: Well I won’t have to struggle to come up with a name for him. I’m sure you don’t know who his father is so I won’t push him away when I meet him.
Kyle: He never told me anything about him. He did say his father died before the war.
Sarah: On second thought, I don’t think I need to know right now.”
14. “Sarah: I want to know something, doc. Is Reese crazy?
Dr. Silbermann: Technically speaking, he’s a lunatic.”
Terminator Movie – Official Trailer (1984)
Here’s the original trailer. It will take you back to the 1980’s and to when this movie came out. Give it a watch.
Movie summary in one sentence:
A human-looking indestructible cyborg is sent from 2029 to 1984 to assassinate a waitress, whose unborn son will lead humanity in a war against the machines, while a soldier from that war is sent to protect her at all costs.
Terminator is a very icon movie with many great lines. The movie is known for its science fiction and violence but the memorable dialogue is what has kept this movie in the public discussion for so many decades.
Some of the quotes are funny while some may leave you scratching your head. If you’re looking for a movie that has memorable quotes, Terminator is the perfect choice. You will not be disappointed with the pick. The lines are just as good as the movie. Which one on this list is your favorite quote?
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.