Morgan Freeman the acting legend was born on June 1, 1937. While growing up in Memphis Tennessee, Freeman had an avid interest in acting from a young age. He participated in local school plays and won his first drama competition at the age of 12.
Freeman is also an environmental activist who spoke out over his concern over the huge decline in the honeybee population. And in 2014 transformed his ranch into a sanctuary for bees. Inspired by the man who brought us comic relief in Anger Management, we bring you 45 Most Inspiring Morgan Freeman Quotes.
Most Inspiring Morgan Freeman Quotes
1. “I don’t want a Black History Month. Black history is American history.” — Morgan Freeman
2. “I don’t have to work. I could stop And never have to worry about paying the rent. I’m working for the joy of doing it.” — Morgan Freeman
3. “I hate the word homophobia. It’s not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an a-hole.” ~ Morgan Freeman
4. “Learning how to be still, to really be still And let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance.” — Morgan Freeman
5. “One of the things you can always depend on – this is one of the truths of the universe, And you heard it first from here – whatever we decide we want to do is what we do.” — Morgan Freeman
6. “Challenge yourself; it’s the Only path which leads to growth.” — Morgan Freeman
7. “I am going to stop calling you a white man And I’m going to ask you to stop calling me a black man.” — Morgan Freeman
8. “Don’t be different just for different’s sake. If you see it differently, a function that way. Follow your own muse, always.” — Morgan Freeman
9. “How are we going to get rid of racism? Stop talking about it!” — Morgan Freeman
10. “The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.” — Morgan Freeman
11. “We humans are more concerned with having than with being.” —Morgan Freeman
12. “You know, the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death. When Their souls got to the entrance to heaven, the guards asked two questions. Their answers determined whether they were able to enter or not. ‘Have you found joy in your life?’ ‘Has your life brought joy to others?’” — Morgan Freeman
13. “Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up.” — Morgan Freeman
14. “As long as you feel like a victim, you are one.” — Morgan Freeman
15. “Never let pride be your guiding principle. Let your accomplishments speak for you.” — Morgan Freeman
16. “I always tell my kids if you lay down, people will step over you. But if you keep scrambling, if you keep going, someone will always, always give you a hand. Always. But you gotta keep dancing, you gotta keep your feet moving.” — Morgan Freeman
17. “If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality.” — Morgan Freeman
18. “Fatigue, discomfort, discouragement are merely symptoms of effort.” — Morgan Freeman
19. “Dr. Martin Luther King is not a black hero. He is an American hero.” — Morgan Freeman
20. “If you wake up And the snow is knee-deep outside, you are not filled with rage. It’s just something that you’ve got to cope with. If you’re living in a situation it’s the Only situation that you know, And you’ve got to deal with it.” — Morgan Freeman
21. “I once heard a wise man say there are no perfect men. Only perfect intentions.” — Morgan Freeman
Related: Black History Month Quotes
22. “And some places you been before are so great that you don’t even mind going back. Some places you been before you don’t ever want to go back, you know, like Montreal in the Winter.” — Morgan Freeman
23. “I can say that life is good to me. Has been And is good. So I think my task is to be good at it. So how do you be good to life? You live it.” — Morgan Freeman
24. “I have to remind myself that some birds aren’t meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice.” — Morgan Freeman
25. “When I was a teenager, I began to settle into school because I’d discovered the extracurricular activities that interested me: music And theater.” — Morgan Freeman
26. “Forgiveness liberates the soul, it removes fear.” — Morgan Freeman
27. “Don’t be afraid of what you want. This is your time. The barriers are down.” — Morgan Freeman
28. “It’s what I learn from the great actors that I work with. Stillness. That’s all And that’s the hardest thing.” — Morgan Freeman
29. “How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.” — Morgan Freeman
30. “Donald Trump is the Honey Boo Boo of rich people.” — Morgan Freeman
31. “Still, it can be more effective to accomplish what you need to accomplish with the minimum effort. Watch Anthony Hopkins. He doesn’t appear to be doing anything. He is so still that you can’t see him working, but you are drawn into his character through his very stillness.” — Morgan Freeman
Related: Best Black Love Quotes
32. “Was I always going to be here? No, I was not. I was going to be homeless at one time, a taxi driver, truck driver, or any kind of job that would get me a crust of bread. You never know what’s going to happen.” — Morgan Freeman
33. “We humans are more concerned with having than with being.” — Morgan Freeman
34. “And that if you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they’re going to go And see the story you’re in.” — Morgan Freeman
35. “When you have made your choice, it is providence that is your guide. Good, bad, or indifferent. Your fate lies in that.” — Morgan Freeman
36. “I’m not intimidated by lead roles. I’m better in them. I don’t feel pressure. I feel released at times like that. That’s what I’m born to do.” — Morgan Freeman
37. “The highest power is the human mind. That’s where God came from And my belief in God is my belief in myself.” — Morgan Freeman
38. “I like the character roles. Somewhere back there I really came to the conclusion in my mind that the difference between acting And stardom was major. And that if you become a star, people are going to go to see you. If you remain an actor, they’re going to go And see the story you’re in.” — Morgan Freeman
39. “Very often, you know, you stop walking because you say, ‘Well, I’m tired of climbing this hill. I’m never going to get to the top.’ And you’re Only two steps from the top.” — Morgan Freeman
40. “The first thing that always pops into my head regarding our president, is that all of the people who are setting up this barrier for him… They just conveniently forget that Barack had a mama, And she was white – very white; American, Kansas, middle of America. There is no argument about who he is, or what he is. America’s first black president hasn’t arisen yet. He’s not America’s first black president. He’s America’s first mixed-race president.” — Morgan Freeman
41. “Not only do I have to live, right, I have to get some cash for my troubles – it’s a scary thing, And people need to start to think about the messages that they send in the movies.” — Morgan Freeman
42. “Get busy living or get busy dying!” — Morgan Freeman
Related: The Best Elijah Cummings Quotes
43. “I’m making a great effort because sometimes life is not enjoyable. Sometimes it’s painful and sometimes it’s stressful, sometimes it’s agonizing even, so I think once you get around those humps: strive for pleasure and peace.” — Morgan Freeman
44. “Attacking people with disabilities is the lowest display of power I can think of.” — Morgan Freeman
45. “I’m a firm believer that things happen as they should. The universe unfolds just as it’s supposed to.” — Morgan Freeman
Video: Morgan Freeman Chats with Jimmy While Sucking Helium
Morgan is really funny. In this clip watched by tens of millions of people, Jimmy talks to Morgan about his Science show, Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman, while they suck the helium out of balloons.
Related: Ava Gardner Quotes
We selected the above Mogan Freeman Quotes because of the powerful messages behind them. Our deepest wish is that they bring you inspiration for living a more fulfilled life. Go back And reflect upon the list when seeking inner peace And enlightenment!
Quote, # 4 “Learning how to be still, to really be still And let life happen – that stillness becomes a radiance” – will help you prepare you for your daily meditation.
And I often find myself going back over number 6 whenever I’m in need of self-growth motivation!
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.