As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Mr. Miyagi is a karate master in The Karate Kid movie. In the famous movie, loved by everyone, he takes on an insecure kid Daniel (played by Ralph Macchio) and mentors him through karate to become a confident person. The movie is fun and appreciated by all ages because of the timeless theme and it helps remind us of the importance of determination, persistence, focus and motivation. Karate Kid originally came out in 1984 and was followed by the Karate Kid II in 1986, and the Karate Kid III in 1989.
Mr. Miyagi has served as a timeless father figure to everyone who has seen the Karate Kid Movies. He’s the best father who reminds us of the best parts of our father, or if our father wasn’t what we wanted him to be, Mr. Miyagi is an inspiring father figure we wish we had.
He has constant sayings and ways of viewing daily lift that lighten us up and offer sufficient motivation needed to go on with life. He shares his fantastic thoughts on patience, wisdom, violence, and how to balance life. Additionally, he says that Karate is not in your hands – it comes from the heart and the mind. He also states that you will never get an answer from violence. As a master sensei in the Karate kid movie, Mr. Miyagi teaches us that you can acquire greatness in your entire life with absolutely minimal chances of failure when you have a strong mind and willpower.
Mr Miyagi Quotes
Now that you know Mr. Miyagi is a master legend and a karate master, this article will take you through some of his magnificent quotes that will leave you inspired.
1. Here are the 2 Rules of Miyagi-Ryu Karate. Rule Number 1: ‘Karate for defense only.’ Rule Number 2: ‘First learn rule number 1.
2. Better learn balance. Balance is key. Balance good, karate good. Everything good. Balance bad, better pack up, go home. Understand?
3. Walk on road, hmm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later…get squish just like grape.
4. If karate is used to defend honor, defend life — karate means something. If karate is used to defend a plastic metal trophy — karate doesn’t mean anything.
5. In Okinawa, all Miyagi knows are two things: fish and karate. Karate comes from China, the sixteenth century called te — hand. A hundred years later, Miyagi’s ancestors brought it to Okinawa, and called it karate — empty hand.
6. Lesson not just karate only. Lesson for whole life. Whole life has a balance. Everything be better.
7. Only root karate come from Miyagi. Just like bonsai choose own way grow because root strong you choose own way do karate same reason.
8. You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.
9. In Okinawa, a belt means you don’t need a rope to hold your pants up. Daniel-san, karate is here [taps his head]. Karate is here [taps his heart]. Karate is never here [points to his belt]. Understand?
10. First, wash all the cars. Then wax. Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through the nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don’t forget to breathe, it’s very important.
11. For a man with no forgiveness in his heart, life is a worse punishment than death.
12. First learn to stand, then learn to fly. Nature’s rules Danielsan, not mine.
13. To make honey, a young bee needs a young flower, not an old prune.
14. Why break boards? What boards do to you? That kind stuff not teach you how to conquer anger, Julie-san. Understand?
15. Attitude teacher rest in fist. Stupid, but fact of life. You show good fight, win lose no matter, you get respect. No more bother.
16. It’s stupid when neighborhood gangs kill each other with no reason. It’s stupid when countries fight wars. Not stupid to respect all living things.
17. ever put passion in front of principle, even if you win, you’ll lose.
18. Win lose no matter, you make good fight, earn respect, then nobody bothers.
19. Don’t forget to breathe, very important.
20. It’s OK to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear.
21. First, we’ll make a sacred pact. I promise to teach you karate. That is my part. You promise to learn. I say you do, no questions. That is your part.
22. A lie becomes the truth only if the person wants to believe it.
23. There’s no such thing as a bad student, only a bad teacher. The teacher says, the students do.
24. Fighting is always the last answer to the problem.
25. Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.
26. Never trust spiritual leader who cannot dance.
27. Man who catch fly with chopstick, accomplish anything.
30. One to one problem, yes. Five to one problem, too much ask anyone.
31. Secret of punch is to make whole power of body fit into one inch.
32. Just remember, license never replace eye, ear, and brain.
33. If come from inside you, always right one.
34. Daniel-San, you look revenge that way, start by digging two graves.
35. You stay focused.
36. Not everything is as looks, you know.
37. Either you karate do “yes” or karate do “no.” You karate do “guess so,” (get squished) just like grape.
38. Remember, best block no be there.
39. Whole life have a balance. Everything be better.
40. Sometimes, what the heart knows, the head forgets.
41. “Daniel: You think you could break a log like that?
Miyagi: Don’t know. Never been attacked by a tree.”
Mr. Miyagi always makes us Smile!
Based on the above information, you are now familiar with Mr. Miyagi quotes. With the Karate kid move a vital part of many people’s childhood, these quotes can help bring out the best version of you. With the above quotes, you must agree that Mr. Miyagi was a wise person, who taught his students on hard work, courage as well as honor. All these quotes are still beneficial to you today, and you can implement them in your daily life every day. Thus, make a routine of going through Mr. Miyagi’s quotes daily to stay brilliant and bring a positive change in your life.
Mr. Miyagi Video – “Wax on, Wax off”
This is the most famous scene out of all of the Karate Kid movies combined. If you mention the movie to anyone, they will always say “wax on, wax off” and make the gestures. This is THE most classic scene!
Image Credit: ABC Television Press Relations / Public domain