As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Deadpool is about a character named Wade Wilson played by Ryan Reynolds. This character was a part of the Marvel Comics. He is not a typical hero, but more of an “anti-hero” and he is very blunt and sarcastic with people. Most heroes don’t talk to people the way he talks to people in the movie. He used to be a Special Forces Operative, but now he is a mercenary.
You can find Deadpool merchandise here.
Deadpool’s life was changed forever when scientist Ajax (Ed Skrein) tortured and disfigured him. After he did that, the scientist turned him into Deadpool. Once he becomes Deadpool, he gains powers he never knew he had. He also develops a sick sense of humor. He gets help from his allies to find the person who ruined his life.
This movie was very successful at the box office. The movie debuted at the box office on February 12, 2016. It grossed over $780 million at the box office. It did so well that there was a sequel made. This movie has a lot of funny lines that are worth quoting. This list contains quotes that will remind people why they liked the movie. It will also give new fans a chance to read the funny lines.
1. “Weasel: OMG! You look horrible.
Wade: You mean I look like balls with teeth?
Weasel: You look like a horror villain destroyed your face to make it look like a map.”
2. “Some man showed up here and wanted to see you. A real dead looking man. I’m not sure. He might move the plot along.” – by Weasel
3. “Recruiter: Wade, what if I told you I had good news for you? How would you feel if I told you I could l make you look better? Since you like to fight, we can make sure you have powers other men wish they could have. You would be a hero.
Wade: If you’re gonna do this, promise me one thing. You won’t screw me over so I won’t screw someone else over. Don’t give me an ugly suit either.”
4. “Weasel: Wade, you look hideous. You look like a fruit who had sex with a spoiled older fruit.
Wade: Thanks for the compliment.”
5. “If I have to die, don’t let me die while I’m young. Let me die while I am over 100 so I can die like Detroit did.” – by Deadpool
6. “Vanessa: You know I love you, Wade. I believe we can make it through this.
Wade: You’re right, Vanessa. The cancer is only in body parts that I don’t need. I should be able to get through it.”
7. “Deadpool: It smells like an old lady’s clothes in here.
Blind Al: Well sorry. I am old and I wear old ladies clothes.”
8. “Give me a chance to know who you really are. I want to know the real you, not the fake Hollywood version of you.” – by Vanessa
9. “It’s Christmas time, baby and I’m looking to get someone who has been very bad.” – by Deadpool
10. “Whatever they did to me makes it hard for me to be destroyed. That’s good I guess. The only problem is no one wants to sleep with me.” – by Deadpool
11. “Colossus: You can’t do this.
Deadpool: I don’t have time for your whining, Colosssus. Anyway, nobody got hurt.
Colossus: What about the guy that just died?
Deadpool: That death happened before I arrived so you can’t blame that on me.”
12. “Deadpool: Angel Dust you are too much for me which is why I had to bring Colossus with me.
Colossus: I had to hit him.
Deadpool: Well, I guess it’s a good thing I brought her with me. (points at Negasonic Teenage Warhead)
Negasonic: I’m on my phone.
Deadpool: It’s okay. Finish tweeting. Get Angel Dust for me, Negasonic.
Negasonic: You’re finished Angel Dust.
Deadpool: I feel sorry for the man who tries to force her to have sex at the prom.”
13. “I have been many things, but a weak woman was never one of those things.” – by Vanessa
14. “Wade: You know I’ve been thinking about us, Vanessa.
Vanessa: Oh! You have been thinking about us? What have you been thinking?
Wade: I was thinking about how good we are together.
Vanessa: Oh you were?
Wade: We have something in common. You’re just as crazy as I am
Vanessa: You think so?
Wade: We are like two puzzle pieces that fit with each other.
Vanessa: The problem with that is when you see puzzles pieces; there are pictures on top of them.
Wade: That’s right.
Vanessa: I wanted to ask you a question. I’m asking because you haven’t asked me.
Wade: Will you marry me?
Vanessa: Where were you hiding the ring?
Wade: I wasn’t hiding it.”
15. “I didn’t just figure out the cure for cancer. I figured out the cure for everything.” – by Deadpool
16. “She is working on different strategies and what am I doing? I am picturing every part of her face. I’m picturing it as if I’m seeing it for the first time or the last time.” – by Deadpool
17. “Cancer doesn’t just affect you. It affects the people you love. I don’t know if this guy could help me, but I know I need him to help save her.” – by Deadpool
18. “You don’t have to have special powers to get the woman of your dreams. The woman of your dreams will bring out those powers in you.” – by Deadpool
19. “Blind Al: In case you didn’t know it, love can be blind.
Wade: Actually, you’re the one who’s blind.”
20. “In case you’re wondering who did I have to have sex with in order to get my own movie, I can’t tell you. The only thing I can tell you is that his name rhymes with Pullverine. I’ll let you in on a little secret. He has a great pair of smooth criminals down there.” – by Deadpool
21. “People say that you can’t buy love and that may be true. You may not be able to buy love, but you can sure rent it for a few minutes.” – by Strip Club DJ
22. “I only have so many bullets so unfortunately you are going to have to decide who gets them.” – by Deadpool
23. “I had a dream about Liam Neeson. I dreamt I was in a Taken movie and I kidnapped his daughter. He got upset and he wanted to come after me. Can you believe there are three movies about his daughter being kidnapped? After three movies, you have to question whether or not he’s a good parent.” – by Wade
24. “I’m going to mess up your face the way Limp Bizkit messed up music in the 90s.” – by Deadpool
25. “Deadpool: Al, In case I don’t see you again, I want to tell you something. I love you so much. I left something for you. I left some drugs for you in the apartment. They are hidden beside the cure for blindness. Good luck finding it.
Weasel: Do you want to get high?”
26. “I can’t believe I’m actually saying this to someone. I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to swallow.” – by Deadpool
27. “Deadpool, I know the mission you’re going on is dangerous and I would like to go with you. The only problem is I don’t want to go.” – by Weasel
28. “One of your legs is Turkey Day and the other is Santa’s Day. I would love to come and visit you during the holidays.” – by Wade
29. “Vanessa: I’ve got bad news for you. Your time is up.
Wade: How much more time can I have for this ring?
Vanessa: You can have about three more minutes.
Wade: Okay, we can do that. What do we do after the 23 seconds are up?
Vanessa: We can hold each other.”
30. “Blind Al: People aren’t always into looks.
31. Deadpool: Are you serious? Looks mean everything to people. Have you ever heard a word David Beckham has said? It’s as if he has swallowed helium. Do you think Ryan Reynolds made it this far in Hollywood because of his great acting skills?”
Deadpool Movie – Official Trailer #1 (2016)
This trailer will give you a sense of what the movie is about and how funny it is. Deadpool has a dry humor that is unique to super hero movies. In fact, he is a bit of an anti-hero.
Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, Ddeadpool tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson, who after being subjected to a rogue experiment that leaves him with accelerated healing powers, adopts the alter ego Deadpool. Armed with his new abilities and a dark, twisted sense of humor, Deadpool hunts down the man who nearly destroyed his life.
Deadpool has a lot of funny lines and memorable quotes that will make you laugh. He constantly breaks down the fourth wall by telling jokes and talking constantly.
He is not the typical good guy and that’s what makes him different from other characters who are portrayed as heroes. He is a flawed character so it makes him more relatable. He is determined and focused on finding the person who disfigured him. He is not concerned with biting his tongue while talking to other people.
There are also quotes that will make you think. There are also quotes that will make you glad that you aren’t Deadpool. Most of the funny lines are given to Deadpool. His sarcasm makes the lines witty and classic. The other characters also have good quotes. This list will give you a chance to take a stroll down memory lane and revisit the movie. If you haven’t seen it before, it may give you a reason to check it out.