Science impacts numerous aspects of our day-to-day lives and it would be impossible to enjoy the many things that build our modern world if it was not for science. From the cars we drive, the food we eat, and the houses we live in, it is all about science thus making our lives easier.
The great scientific minds have provided inspirational quotes about their philosophy, findings, as well as an understanding of the world we live in. These quotes have incredibly inspired many generations of explorers who are eager to learn and understand more about this world and be motivated towards betterment.
When you want more motivation than normal, then you can get it from Newton to Einstein as well as many other great minds of science that touch everything you need to get the inspiration to achieve more.
The scientific quotes and the scientists below have left an invaluable influence – we hope they inspire you today!
The Best Quotes About Science
1. “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day.”– Albert Einstein.
2. “Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”– Marie Curie.
3. “We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”– Carl Sagan.
4. “Science is fun. Science is curiosity. We all have natural curiosity. Science is a process of investigating. It’s posing questions and coming up with a method. It’s delving in.”– Sally Ride.
5. “The cloning of humans is on most of the lists of things to worry about from Science, along with behaviour control, genetic engineering, transplanted heads, computer poetry and the unrestrained growth of plastic flowers.”– Lewis Thomas.
6. “Take young researchers, put them together in virtual seclusion, give them an unprecedented degree of freedom and turn up the pressure by fostering competitiveness.”– James D. Watson.
7. “All outstanding work, in art as well as in science, results from immense zeal applied to a great idea.”– Santiago Ramon y Cajal.
8. “I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.”– Isaac Newton.
9. “There are three stages in scientific discovery. First, people deny that it is true, then they deny that it is important; finally, they credit the wrong person.”– Bill Bryson.
10. “When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.”– Arthur C. Clarke.
11. “We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special.”– Stephen Hawking.
12. “An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men.”– Charles Darwin.
13. “My wife and I have a schizophrenic son. We didn’t want to accept this for 30 years, so we put him under great pressure when we shouldn’t have. He just wanted to be looked after, and we didn’t respect that. We tried to make him independent.”– James D. Watson.
15. “No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.”– Albert Einstein.
16. “In science, ‘fact’ can only mean ‘confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.’ I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.”– Stephen Jay Gould.
17. “To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science.”– Albert Einstein.
18. “Asteroids have us in our sight. The dinosaurs didn’t have a space program, so they’re not here to talk about this problem. We are, and we have the power to do something about it. I don’t want to be the embarrassment of the galaxy, to have had the power to deflect an asteroid, and then not, and end up going extinct.”– Neil deGrasse Tyson.
19. “The radical novelty of modern science lies precisely in the rejection of the belief… that the forces which move the stars and atoms are contingent upon the preferences of the human heart.”– Water Lippmann.
20. “It is absurd for the Evolutionist to complain that it is unthinkable for an admittedly unthinkable God to make everything out of nothing, and then pretend that it is more thinkable that nothing should turn itself into everything.”– GK Chesterton.
21. “No, our science is no illusion. But an illusion it would be to suppose that what science cannot give us we can get elsewhere.”– Sigmund Freud.
22. “There are as many atoms in a single molecule of your DNA as there are stars in the typical galaxy. We are, each of us, a little universe.”– Neil deGrasse Tyson
23. “Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who sets the planets in motion.”– Isaac Newton.
24. “It’s a lazy Saturday afternoon, there’s a couple lying naked in bed reading Encyclopediea Brittannica to each other, and arguing about whether the Andromeda Galaxy is more ‘numinous’ than the Ressurection. Do they know how to have a good time, or don’t they.”– Carl Sagan.
25. “Science means constantly walking a tightrope between blind faith and curiosity; between expertise and creativity; between bias and openness; between experience and epiphany; between ambition and passion; and between arrogance and conviction – in short, between and old today and a new tomorrow.”– Henrich Rohrer.
26. “There is not a discovery in science, however revolutionary, however sparkling with insight, that does not arise out of what went before.”– Isaac Asimov.
27. “Anybody who has been seriously engaged in scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: ‘Ye must have faith.”– Max Planck.
28. “Nobody climbs mountains for scientific reasons. Science is used to raise money for the expeditions, but you really climb for the hell of it.”– Edmund Hillary.
29. “The difference between science and the fuzzy subjects is that science requires reasoning while those other subjects merely require scholarship.”– Robert A Heinlein.
30. “When I find myself in the company of scientists, I feel like a shabby curate who has strayed by mistake into a room full of dukes.”– W. H. Auden.
31. “Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and is the torch which illuminates the world.”– Louis Pasteur.
32. “Our virtues and our failures are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more.”– Nikola Tesla.
33. “A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.”– Frank Herbert, Dune.
34. “Jokes of the proper kind, properly told, can do more to enlighten questions of politics, philosophy, and literature than any number of dull arguments.”– Isaac Asimov.
35. “If all astronomical processes cease, how will the passage of time manifest itself? It is doubtful if vacuum fluctuations can provide a clock for the recording of time. Will time itself come to a stop? Is this a meaningful question? Such questions are difficult to answer.”– Jamal Nazrul Islam.
36. “It is strange that only extraordinary men make the discoveries, which later appear so easy and simple.”– Georg C. Lichtenberg.
37. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.”– Charles Darwin.
38. “One, remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Two, never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. Three, if you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don’t throw it away.”– Stephen Hawking.
39. “I don’t want to give advice to people about their religious beliefs, but I do think that it’s not smart to bet against the power of science to figure out the natural world. It used to be, a thousand years ago, that if you wanted to explain why the moon moved through the sky, you needed to invoke God.”– Sean M. Carroll.
40. “Sometime in the future, science will be able to create realities that we can’t even begin to imagine. As we evolve, we’ll be able to construct other information systems that correspond to other realities, universes based on logic completely different from ours and not based on space and time.”– Robert Lanza.
41. “People think of the inventor as a screwball, but no one ever asks the inventor what he thinks of other people.”– Charles Kettering.
42. “Adventure upon all the tickets in the lottery, and you lose for certain; and the greater the number of your tickets the nearer your approach to this certainty.”– Adam Smith.
43. “Traditional science assumes, for the most part, that an objective observer independent reality exists; the universe, stars, galaxies, sun, moon and earth would still be there if no one was looking.”– Deepak Chopra.
44. “Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance.”– Isaac Newton.
45. “A man may imagine things that are false, but he can only understand things that are true, for if the things be false, the apprehension of them is not understanding.”– Isaac Newton.
46. “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.”– Albert Einstein.
In conclusion, science impacts every moment of our lives. Whether it is in the advanced technologies Including electronic devices that we are addicted to or the medication we take when we fell ill, it is the science that has formed the backbone of all these human activities.
Although there are scientists that you may not initially look to for your inspiration, the wisdom that you will gain from their quotes is immense. Hopefully, the 46 quotes about science have motivated and enlightened you to reach your goals.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.