So you need a little laugh and fun added to your day? Well, you came to the right place! With the original book, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, its sequel, Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and two film adaptations, Willa Wonka has managed to spread his exciting form of magic in the most enchanting of ways.
His character has inspired us with his whimsy and lightheartedness as well as astounded us with his strange yet fun magical contraptions and machines and best of all his candy.
These quotes are the most interesting lines from the books and the films that will uplift you and bring out your creative (or goofy) side. Along with the most memorable quotes from the other famous characters from Roald Dahl’s exciting world of candy, these quotes lead the imagination into a childlike wonder of things out of this world.
Our Favorite Willy Wonka Quotes
Strap in, it might get a little wild diving into 52 strange and interesting but very delightful quotes from the world of Willy Wonka.
1. “So shines a good deed in a weary world.”–Willy Wonka
2. “I don’t want a grown-up person at all. A grownup won’t listen to me; he won’t learn. He will try to do things his own way and not mine. So I have to have a child. I want a good sensible loving child, one to whom I can tell all my most precious candy-making secrets-while I am still alive.”–Willy Wonka
3. “Rainbow drops – suck them and you can spit in six different colours.”–Willy Wonka
4. “Of course they’re real people. They’re Oompa-Loompas…Imported direct from Loompaland…And oh what a terrible country it is! Nothing but thick jungles infested by the most dangerous beasts in the world – hornswogglers and snozzwangers and those terrible wicked whangdoodles. A whangdoodle would eat ten Oompa-Loompas for breakfast and come galloping back for a second helping.”–Willy Wonka
5. “She was a bad egg.”–Willy Wonka
6. “Oh, my sainted aunt! Don’t mention that disgusting stuff in front of me! Do you know what breakfast cereal is made of? It’s made of all those little curly wooden shavings you find in pencil sharpeners!”–Willy Wonka
7. “Whipped cream isn’t whipped cream at all if it hasn’t been whipped with whips, just like poached eggs isn’t poached eggs unless it’s been stolen in the dead of the night.”–Willy Wonka
8. “Butterscotch, butter gin. You running something on the side here?”–Salt “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.”–Willy Wonka
9. “You’re turning violet, Violet!”–Mr. Beauregarde
10. “Oh, you should never, never doubt what nobody is sure about.”–Willy Wonka
11. “Don’t just stand there, do something!”–Mrs. Gloop “Help. Police. Murder.”–Willy Wonka
12. “If the good Lord had intended us to walk he wouldn’t have invented roller-skates.”–Willy Wonka
13. “Want to change the world? There’s nothing to it.”–Willy Wonka
14. “Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration.”–Willy Wonka
15. “The suspense is terrible. I hope it’ll last.”–Willy Wonka
16. “Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted.”–Willy Wonka
“He lived happily ever after.”–Willy Wonka
17. “We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams.–Willy Wonka
18. “So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you.”–Willy Wonka
19. “If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it.”–Willy Wonka
20. “Well, fortunately, small boys are extremely springy and elastic. So I think we’ll put him in my special taffy-pulling machine. That should do the trick.”–Willy Wonka
21. “Where is fancy bred, in the heart or in the head?”–Willy Wonka
22. “What is this, Wonka, some kind of funhouse?”–Salt
“Why, are you having fun?”–Willy Wonka
23. “I’ve tried it on, like, 20 Oompa Loompahs and each one ended up as a blueberry. It’s just weird!”–Willy Wonka
24. “Good morning Starshine…the earth says hello!”–Willy Wonka
25. “Everything in this room is edible. Even I’m edible. But, that would be called canibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.”–Willy Wonka
26. “My son! He’ll be made into marshmallows in five seconds!”–Mrs. Gloop
“Impossible, my dear lady! That’s absurd! Unthinkable!”–Willy Wonka
“Because that pipe doesn’t go to the marshmallow rooom! It goes to the fudge room!”–Willy Wonka
“You terrible man!”–Mrs. Gloop
27. “That’s just it, isn’t it. I make the candy I feel like, but now I feel terrible so the candy’s terrible! You’re very good.”–Willy Wonka
28. “Next time, try to open your mouth a little wider when you speak.”–Willy Wonka
29. “Of course you don’t know! You don’t know because only I know. If you knew and I didn’t know, then you’d be teaching me instead of me teaching you–and for a student to be teaching his teacher is presumptuous and rude. Do I make myself clear?”–Mr. Turkentine
30. “Do you like my meadow? Try some of my grass! Please have a blade, please do, it’s so delectable and so darn good looking!”–Willy Wonka
31. “Why, I believe they’re going to treat us to a little song. It is quite a special occasion, of course. They haven’t had a fresh audience in many a moon.”–Willy Wonka
32. “Don’t talk to me about contracts, Wonka, I use them myself. They’re strictly for suckers.”–Mr. Beauregaurde
33. “It’s gotta be real big, ’cause you know how on TV you can film a regular-sized man and he comes out looking this tall? Same basic principle.”–Willy Wonka
34. “I’ve just been informed that the incinerator’s broken, so there should be about three weeks of rotten garbage to break their fall!”–Willy Wonka
35. “What was that we just went through?”–Charlie
“Is that Japanese?”–Mrs. Teevee
“No, that’s Wonkawash spelled backwards.”–Willy Wonka
36. “Don’t you know what this is?”–Willy Wonka
“By gum, it’s gum!”–Violet Beauregarde
37. “The waterfall is most important. Mixes the chocolate. Churns it up, makes it light and frothy. By the way, no other factory in the world mixes its chocolate by waterfall, my dear children, and you can take that to the bank.”–Willy Wonka
38. “Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?”–Veruca Salt
39. “You can’t run a chocolate factory with a family hanging over you like an old, dead goose. No offense.”–Willy Wonka
40. “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest of men.”–Willy Wonka
41. “What is this, some kind of freak out?”–Violet Bearegarde
42. “Bubbles, bubbles everywhere, and not a drop to drink… yet.”–Willy Wonka
43. “There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you’ll be free if you truly wish to be.”–Willy Wonka
44. “There’s no earthly way of knowing
Which direction we are going
There’s no knowing where we’re rowing
Or which way the river’s flowing
Is it raining?
Is it snowing?
Is a hurricane a-blowing?
Not a speck of light is showing
So the danger must be growing
Are the fires of hell a-glowing?
Is the grisly reaper mowing?
Yes, the danger must be growing
‘Cause the rowers keep on rowing
And they’re certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing!”–Willy Wonka
45. “I’ve just decided to switch our Friday schedule to Monday, which means that the test we take each Friday on what we learned during the week will now take place on Monday before we’ve learned it. But since today is Tuesday, it doesn’t matter in the slightest.”–Mr. Turkentine
46. “So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.”–Willy Wonka
47. “Buttons, buttons, whose got the button?”–Willy Wonka
48. “If she’s a lady, then I’m a Vermicious Knid!”–GrandPa Joe
49. “I want the world. I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket. It’s my bar of chocolate. Give it to me now!”–Veruca Salt
50. “I think I’m going to be sick.”–Mrs. Teevee
“Here, try one of these.”–Willy Wonka
“What are they?”–Mrs. Teevee
“Rainbow drops, suck ’em and you can spit in 7 different colors”–Willy Wonka
(picking her nose) “Spitting’s a dirty habit.”–Veruca Salt
“I know a worse one.”–Willy Wonka
51. “I feel very sorry for Wonka. It’s gonna cost him a fortune in fudge.”–Augustus Gloop
52. “Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.”Willy Wonka
“That’s 105 percent!”Mrs. Teevee
Related: Unicorn Quotes
Video: Willy Wonka Pure Imagination
Willy Wonka is a fictional character in the 1964 Roald Dahl novel Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the film adaptations that followed. The book and the 1971 film adaption both vividly depict an unusual Wonka — a feature arising from his creative genius. In this fantastic scene, Gene Wilder is worth a watch!
Related: Cinderella Quotes
Did these Wonka Quotes bring back Memories?
From the down right hilarious to the thoughtful or savage, these Wonka quotes sure can add that little extra something to your day. Your “start the morning with a smile”, “middle of the day pick me up”, or “put me to sleep giggling” quote is in this list and its not that hard to find.
Whether you want to quote the main man or you want to jazz it up with any of his crazy companions, this list has them all. So wear your heart on your sleeve and suck on something sweet with any of these Wonka quotes on the tip of your tongue.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.