‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ was a show that aired on the Disney Channel from 2007-2012. The show starred David DeLuise, Maria Canals-Barrera, Jake T. Austin, David Henrie and well-known actress and singer Selena Gomez.
The Wizards of Waverly Place storyline revolved around the Russo family owning and operating a restaurant, but the three children Alex, Justin and Max were competing to see which of them would become the next family wizard. There was also a movie released in 2009 called ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’, and one released in 2013 called ‘The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex’.
Wizards of Waverly Place Quotes
- “A full wizard there can be but one. All power to a daughter or son. To an ancient battle transport us three where one will emerge in victory” – Jerry Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your friends tell you to be honest and then get mad when you tell them what you really think.” – Alex Russo
- “[Singing the Funky Hat Song] What’s that? A hat? Crazy, funky, junky hat! Overslept? Hair unsightly? Trying to look like Keira Knightley? We’ve been there, we’ve done that! We see right through your funky hat!” – Alex Russo and Harper
- “No. Why don’t you take my punishment, and duplicate it? You’re grounded for 1 week.” – Jerry Russo
- “Don’t you see what you’ve done? Used magic to make your relationship OK. I don’t think that’s right.” – Harper
- “Next time this comes around, I’m not taking it easy…” – Justin Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your little sister or brother won’t stop talking.” – Alex Russo
- “Oh Maxy, promise you’ll never grow up and leave me!” – Theresa Russo
- “You don’t know our dad. He’ll throw a tantrum. And you’ll know because it sounds like this. Wadigibadee hobadee ha! HA! ALEX!” – Justin Russo
- “Yeah, that’s not the worst part. Um, one of those monsters, uh, was the mummy who stole your girlfriend, so, I mean, I guess “technically” you can, can be mad at me.” – Max Russo
- “Magic was used to protect the bag, reverse the spell, release the… hag.” – Justin Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your teacher assigns you homework over the weekend.” – Alex Russo
- “Alex, let’s give it a try. Now, let’s say you haven’t eaten for days and You’re in desperate need for a sandwich. What do you do?” – Jerry Russo
- “[After sitting on something hard] Either I just found dad’s wand or I cracked my buttknuckle.” – Max Russo
- “I used a spell to get you guys to go out when you asked me not to meddle, and I’m sorry. And now I see that I used magic when I didn’t have to. The real magic is you two working together.” – Alex Russo
- “For the record, I just want to say, I think this is a really, really bad idea!” – Harper, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your gym teacher insists that you can do a pull up.” – Alex Russo
- “Satisfy my empty belly, make me a peanut butter and jelly. [Max turns into a PBJ sandwich]” – Max Russo
- “How do you know I didn’t forget my locker combination and then used magic to remember it?” – Justin Russo
- “Harper, I’m gonna pretend that you’re my daughter for a minute. I’m so proud of you, mija! [hugs Harper]” – Theresa Russo
- “I’m not about to go tell Mom and Dad something that’s gonna ruin their vacation one night before it happens. For once, I’m not gonna let you destroy something important to me.” – Justin Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your foreign language teacher speaks only in said foreign language on the first day of class, and you have no idea what she’s saying.” – Alex Russo
- “Oh, I get it! Let me try it. Although I love such tasty snacks, I’d rather have my brother Max. [Max turns back into a human]” – Alex Russo
- “You know a lot of stuff about stuff people don’t care about, which is great. But I know relationships. I know how girls think!” – Alex Russo
- “[to Justin and Zeke] Hey, boys, I found some junk for you. A football phone, a singing fish trophy, and a toaster with a four-year-old bagel stuck in it.” – Theresa Russo
- “[excited] Are you guys gonna wear matching outfits? [Alex gives her a look]… ‘Cause that would be bad.” – Harper, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “Any time you see One Direction.” – Alex Russo
- “I’m sensing you have a devious and poorly thought out plan to get into this Ruby Donahue movie. I’m gonna ask you to leave me out of it.” – Justin Russo
- “Okay, we need to get the germ out of you guys by drinking this smoothie made of troll liver, dragon tongue, cinnamon, and elf eye boogers.” – Justin Russo
- “That’s right, mama would be mad; so am I. Now pick that up. And that cup, too. [he picks them up] Okay, thank you for eating at Waverley Sub Station; come again.” – Alex Russo
- “[about the forbidden spell book] Dad, how could you give this to Justin? It’s forbidden. You said that we weren’t allowed to touch it. You said that we weren’t ready.” – Alex Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When you don’t get school off on a “holiday,” like Valentine’s Day.” – Alex Russo
- “I know a Jeannie. Jeannie Kowalski. Jeannie’s dont like it when you flick them in the ear. Thats lesson number one.” – Max Russo
- “Hey Justin! [Justin looks over at Alex. Alex grabs a random boy and kisses him.] Now you’ve got nothing over me!” – Alex Russo
- “Er, Harper… Look, I hate to burst your bubble here, but Justin’s only acting like that because Max just shot him with Cupid’s love arrow.” – Alex Russo
- “Alex, if one day possibly you pass and/or show up to an exam, you can use the spell book and the family wand, too. It’s just they’re extremely powerful, and it takes a certain level of responsibility.” – Jerry Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your crush notices your haircut.” – Alex Russo
- “[Talking to Max] You spilled orange soda in your room again didn’t you? What did we say about taking it up there?” – Theresa Russo
- “What’s the big deal? They’re rabbits. Wait 5 minutes and they’ll duplicate by themselves.” – Max Russo
- “Ah, Justin. You have been so anxious about the mail all week, honey. It’s just a dollar twenty-five rebate on maple syrup. Give him two fifty to get him to stop talking about it, Jerry.” – Theresa Russo
- “Right, you do the spell, I’ll go keep Mom and Dad busy.” – Justin Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When you solve a problem no one else has the answer to.” – Alex Russo
- “[surprised] We’re taking an exam?” – Max Russo
- “Yeah. I’ve had these shoes for about a week. Oh, I mean I’d give them to you, but I’m already donating them to : another charity.” – Gigi
- “Look, before you guys start working together, I want to make one thing perfectly clear: Do not come to your mother and me with your problems.” – Jerry Russo
- “You miss your brothers?” – Theresa Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your teacher gives you a really long reading assignment over break.” – Alex Russo
- “But you don’t drag me down. I don’t want you to lose your powers. Everytime you mess up; I have to think of a way to fix it. You make me a better wizard.” – Justin Russo
- “I mean.. Pfft! I don’t care about you or your shoes!” – Harper
- “[showing Harper the fashion magazine office] So. This is where it all happens. Over there is photography, where they show beautiful girls so other girls feel inferior.” – Alex Russo
- “[packing his suitcase] Ah, who needs underwear?” – Max Russo, ‘Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie’ (2009)
- “When your parents give you a hard time about sleeping in on the weekend.” – Alex Russo
- “(smiles) I’ll see you back home. (casts a spell) From east to west, this spell’s no jest, wherever we roam, send Harper back home. (Harper disappears) Wait, did I say roam or home first? Eh, she’ll like Rome.” – Alex Russo
- “I just always wanna be a little boy and to have fun. This world moves pretty fast, you know. And it’s not long before you’re carrying a briefcase, heading to work, day in and day out. For what? These are the best days of our lives, have a great summer, I’ll see you next year!” – Zeke Beakerman
See also: Riverdale Quotes – one of our favorite new shows!
Wizards of Waverly Place – Selena Gomez reacts
This is a funny video clip from the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. She has great chemistry with Jimmy, as a frequent guest on the show.
In this video clip, Selena Gomez reacts to finding out the Wizards of Waverly Place theme song inspired Billie Eilish’s “Bad Guy,” shares the meaning behind her Rare album title and teases her favorite unreleased track that didn’t make the cut.
Wizards Of Waverly Place Summary
‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ was a pretty popular show and is still loved by many viewers because of its availability on streaming services such as Disney+. If you have not seen the show it is pretty cute and family friendly.
Use these quotes to refresh your memory of the show, send them to people you used to watch the show with like your siblings or friends, or send them to your child(ren) that were fans of the widely loved show.
Related: Quotes from the Gilmore Girls
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.