Oftentimes referred to as Lucifer or Satan, the devil os considered an evil entity that dates back to early Christianity. According to the Bible, he is God’s fallen angel who wreaks havoc upon the earth.
Regardless of whether you believe in the devil or not, the passages themselves hold a deeper meaning regarding good and evil. And are focused on helping you do the right thing even when no one’s looking. That helps maintain peace and harm and put the impure thoughts and actions to the side and focus on your greater purpose.
For some inner strength to help you fight the evil outside forces, check out The below enlightening devil Quotes. They will guide your way into a brighter more positive way of life! Let The universal energy flow within you and take note of quotes that stand out from The rest.
The Most Interesting Quotes about The Devil
1. “O Devil, devil! If that The earth could teem with woman’s tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile.” — William Shakespeare
2. “Sometimes The devil is a gentleman.” — Percy Bysshe Shelley
3. “Be careful who you trust, The devil was once an angel.” — Unknown Author
4. “The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life. Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat.” — Albert Einstein
5. “The devil doesn’t come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you’ve ever wished for.” — Tucker Max
6. “We are each our own Devil, and we make this world our hell.” —Oscar Wilde
7. “Man can hardly even recognize The devils of his own creation.” —Albert Schweitzer
8. “It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting The devil. If they would only expend The same amount of energy loving their fellow men, The devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.” — Helen Keller
9. “For where God built a church, there The devil would also build a chapel.” — Martin Luther King
10. “Better The devil you know than The angel you don’t.” — Hama Tuma
11. “Don’t make a deal with The devil.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
12. “While you live tell The truth and shame The devil.” — William Shakespeare
13. “The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still.” — Aiden Wilson Tozer
14. “Neutral men are The devil’s allies.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
15. “The devil tempts all men, but idle men tempt The devil.” — Unknown Author
16. The devil can cite scripture for his own purpose! An evil soul-producing holy witness Is like a villain with a smiling cheek. (Merchant Of Venice)” — William Shakespeare
17. “Pride is The master sin of The Devil, and The devil is The Father of lies.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
18. “The devil divides The world between atheism and superstition. — George Herbert
19. “Illusion is The dust The devil throws in The eyes of The foolish.” — Minna Antrim
20. “Now I perceive The devil understands Welsh.” — William Shakespeare
21. “The devil’s most devilish when respectable.” — Elizabeth Barrett Browning
22. “The devil takes a hand in what is done in haste.” — Turkish Proverb
23. “The devil has no power over us except in our area of ignorance.” — Sunday Adelaja
24. “Tell the truth and shame the devil” — William Shakespeare
25. “Beauty and the devil are The same things.” — Robert Mapplethorpe
26. “All The cunning of the devil is exercised in trying to tear us away from The word.” — Martin Luther King
27. “Thinking about the devil is worse than seeing the devil.” — Branch Rickey
28. “We know that the tail must wag The dog, for the horse is drawn by the cart; / But the devil whoops, as he whooped of old: `It’s clever, but is it Art?'” — Rudyard Kipling
29. “The devil is a peace stealer, and he works hard to set us up to get upset. But we can learn how to change our approach so we don’t live upset all of the time. And Jesus gives us The best example to follow.” — Joyce Meyer
30. “If you’ve got faith and you believe in what you are living for, you can stand your ground when the Devil’s at your door.” — John Michael Montgomery
31. “If you keep knocking on The devil’s door, sooner or later he’ll invite you in.” — Unknown Author
32. “The devil has The power to assume a pleasing shape.” — William Shakespeare
33. “The devil’s voice is sweet to hear.” — Stephen King
34. “The greatest trick The devil ever pulled was convincing The world he didn’t exist.” — Unknown Author
35. “Better sit still, than rising to meet The devil.” — Michael Drayton
36. “The devil is an optimist if he thinks he can make people meaner” — Karl Kraus
37. “When you’re in hell, only a devil can point The way out.”— Joe Abercrombie
38. “Devils can be driven out of The heart by The touch of a hand on a hand, or a mouth on a mouth.” — Tennessee Williams
39. “Fear is The darkroom where The devil develops his negatives.” —Gary Busey
40. “There was no devil in The pitch and we definitely faltered today,” — Brian Lara
41. “Satan’s successes are The greatest when he appears with The name of God on his lips.” — Mahatma Gandhi
42. “The devil ain’t got no power over me. The devil comes, and I shake hands with The devil. The devil has his part to play. Devil’s a good friend, too… because when you don’t know him, that’s The time he can mosh you down.” — Bob Marley
43. “In every man’s heart there is a Devil, but we do not know The man as bad until The devil is roused.” — James Oliver Curwood
44. “You knew better than to pay mind to what people and The devil say.” — Aaron Weiss
45. “I don’t really believe in The Devil, but if The devil is The Father of Lies, then he certainly invented The Internet.” — Ken MacLeod
46. “If you get down and quarrel every day, you’re saying prayers to The devil, I say.” — Bob Marley
47. “It was necessary that The devil should have a representation upon The Earth, as well as God.” — Warren Jeffs
48. “Why should The devil have all The good tunes?” — Rowland Hill
49. “King in Crimson is actually an alchemical term. King Crimson is a metaphor for devil or Satan, but at The same time it’s also a metaphor for one of The statures in The purification of man and The purification of mankind’s soul towards union with God and with Infinite, which is The philosophical aim of alchemists.” — Bruce Dickinson
50. “I have more respect for a man who lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong than The one who comes up like an angel and is nothing but a devil.” — Malcolm X
51. “If my devils are to leave me, I’m afraid my angels will take flight as well.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
52. “God seeks comrades and claims love, The devil seeks slaves and claims obedience.” — Rabindranath Tagore
53. “Resist The temptation to subject yourself only to that which re-affirms what you already think.” — Jake Tapper
54. “Illusion is The dust The devil throws in The eyes of The foolish.” — Minna Antrim
55. “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather make a man a more clever devil.” — C. S. Lewis
Video – The Origin of Evil: The Devil
This is an excellent educational video. You will learn about the origin of the Devil, also known as Satan or Lucifer. And even if you are not religious you have encountered Satan in your life. Watching this video will help you understand the Origin of Satan and how to deal with situations you might encounter.
Related: Anton LaVey’s Scariest Quotes
My favorite devil Quote is by Henry Fielding —- “Make money your god and it will plague you like The devil.”!
After all, we are to keep our thoughts within and not of The exterior world including monetary possessions.
Should you find devilish ideas creeping their way into your mind, reflect on The above 55 devil quotes for peace and contentment.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.