One of the most famous cartoon mice, Mickey Mouse, has been an enormous icon for decades. The most beloved and oldest Disney character, Mickey Mouse, was Walt Disney’s greatest accomplishment when he needed it the most. Mickey was created in 1928 and is known for his red shorts, white gloves, and yellow shoes. His first appearance was in Steamboat Willie, and since then, there have been hundreds of cartoons, films, shorts, and even video games. Mickey’s name was originally Mortimer Mouse, but Walt Disney’s wife convinced him to change it, and they ultimately settled on Mickey. Mickey Mouse turned 92 years old last November (2020). Normally a mouse only lives for about two years.
Mickey is an easy-going, carefree mouse who is often annoyed by Donald Duck’s temper, the clumsiness of Goofy, and he’s sometimes a foolish mouse who annoys his significant other, Minnie Mouse.
Here is an odd tidbit most people do not know – Did you know that Mickey Mouse has an older sister? Her name is Felicity Fieldmouse, and she has twins Morty and Ferdie. Pluto is Mickey’s dog, Daisy and Donald Duck are his friends, his enemy is Pete, and he has 3 other nephews; Huey, Dewey, and Louie.
Another interesting fact about Mickey Mouse; his real name is Michel Mouse. In the 1950’s Mickey had a newspaper comic strip, and The Mickey Mouse Club had begun. The hit variety show helped boost many teen stars; Annette Funicello, Justin Timberlake, and Britney Spears, to name a few.
Our most notable Mickey Mouse quotes are Mickey himself, Walt Disney, and other Mickey Mouse lovers.
Mickey Mouse Quotes
1. “Oh, Boy!” – Mickey Mouse
2. “That sure is swell” – Mickey Mouse
3. “Live every moment as not to regret what you are about to do” – Mickey Mouse
4. “To laugh at yourself is to love yourself” – Mickey Mouse
5. “I can’t help you with revenge” – Mickey Mouse
6. “All you need is a little bit of magic” – Mickey Mouse
7. “Remember, it all started with a mouse” – Walt Disney
8. “Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse” – Mickey Mouse
9. “Arithmetic is being able to count up to twenty without taking off your shoes” – Mickey Mouse
10. “Mickey Mouse is, to me, a symbol of independence. He was a means to an end” – Walt Disney
11. “This is it, guys. When these doors open, we got to make a very first impression” – Mickey Mouse
12. “If you can dream it, you can do it” – Mickey Mouse
13. “Don’t stress over anything that you can’t change” – Mickey Mouse
14. “I only hope we never lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse” – Walt Disney
15. “Oh, Toodles”! – Mickey Mouse
16. “We got ears, say cheers” – Mickey Mouse
17. “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known” – Walt Disney
18. “I adored Mickey Mouse when I was a child. He was the emblem of funniness and happiness” – Maurie Sendak
19. “Mickey Mouse… is always there – he’s part of my life. That really is something not everyone can call their claim to fame” – Annette Funicello
20. “Never go to Pluto; it’s a Mickey Mouse planet” – Robin Williams
21. “The decathlon is nine Mickey Mouse events and the 1500 meters” – Steve Ovett
22. “Mickey Mouse to a three-year-old is a six-foot-tall rat” – Robin Williams
23. “The life and ventures of Mickey Mouse have been closely bound up with my own personal and professional life” – Walt Disney
24. “When I was poor, living in a garage in Kansas, I began to draw the mice that scampered over my desk. This is how Mickey Mouse was born” – Walt Disney
Related: Funny Quotes from Marvin the Martian
25. “Best friends stick together” – Mickey Mouse
26. “Lie? Well, lie or no lie, Musketeers do not run from danger, and as long as we wear these uniforms, neither do we”? – Mickey Mouse
27. “I’m Mickey Mouse. They don’t know who’s in the suit” – Keanu Reeves
28. “Sorry I am late, everybody. I had to stop by the bank. I was over-drawn” – Mickey Mouse
29. “I was always like Mickey Mouse with tattoos” – Diamond Dallas Page
30. “Happiness is not about having or not having problems. Everyone has problems, but not everyone is happy” – Mickey Mouse
31. “The image we have would be impossible for Mickey Mouse to maintain. We’re just normal people” – Karen Carpenter
Related: the most purrfect Catwoman quotes
32. “What about Mickey Mouse? Disney tried very hard to make him a star. But Mickey Mouse is more of a symbol than a real character” – Joseph Barbara
33. “Every election, Mickey Mouse looks better and better as president” – Duncan Long
34. “When you say ‘comic book’ in America, people think of Mickey Mouse and Archie. It has a connotation of juvenile” – Mark Hamill
35. “See ya, real soon” – Mickey Mouse
36. “I may be small, but I’ve got friends that make me feed ten-feet-tall” – Mickey Mose
37. “Smile, Breathe and Believe in magic” – Mickey Mouse
38. “Every child is born a genius” – Mickey Mouse
39. “There is magic all around” – Mickey Mouse
40. “Come inside! It’s fun inside”! – Mickey Mouse
41. “I’m a Disney fan. Like, seriously, if I see Mickey Mouse, I light up” – LeToya Luckett
42. “Mickey represented an honest product, a pure spirit, and a cheerful heart; a staggeringly simple pleasure in the exercise of the imagination” – Eve Zibart
Related: The Best Tinkerbell Quotes
43. “I often find myself surprised at what has been said about our redoubtable little Mickey; who was never really a most not yet a wholly man” – Walt Disney
44. “But all we ever intended for him was there he should make people everywhere chuckle with him and at him” – Walt Disney on Mickey Mouse
45. “When people laugh at Mickey Mouse, it’s because he’s so human; and that is the secret of his popularity” – Walt Disney
46. “Born of necessity, the little fellow literally freed us of immediate worry. He provided the means for expanding” – Walt Disney
47. “We felt that the public, and especially the children, like animals that are cute and little” – Walt Disney
48. “Understandably, I should have sentimental attachment for the little personage who played so big a part in the course of Disney Productions and has been so happily accepted as an amusing friend wherever films are shown ..”-Walt Disney
49. “By nature, I’m an experimenter. To this day, I don’t believe in sequels. I can’t follow popular cycles. I have to move on to new things. So with the success of Mickey, I was determined to diversify.” – Walt Disney
50. “Hot dog”! – Mickey Mouse
51. “Happy Holidays! I love the holiday season, especially spending time with friends like you” – Mickey Mouse
52. “Glad to know ya”! – Mickey Mouse
53.” Hooray! You did it”! – Mickey Mouse
54. “Oh boy! How fun”! – Mickey Mouse
55. “You’re the best, pal”! – Mickey Mouse
56. “Thanks! That means a lot” – Mickey Mouse
57. “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them” – Mickey Mouse
58. “It’s fun to do the impossible” – Mickey Mouse
59. “When you’re curious you find lots of interesting things to do” – Mickey Mouse
60. “Mickey Mouse popped out of my mind onto a drawing pad 20 years ago on a train ride from Manhattan to Hollywood at a time when business fortunes of my brother Roy and myself were at their lowest ebb and disaster seemed right around the corner” – Walt Disney
61. “If you trust in yourself…. and believe in your dreams… and follow your star… you’ll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren’t so lazy” – Mickey Mouse
62. “Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever” – Mickey Mouse
63. “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality” – Walt Disney on Mickey Mouse and Disneyland
Related: See our Pepe Le Pew Quotes Collection
Mickey Mouse Video – 107 Facts You Should Know!
This is a really fun and quick paced video that will give you the scoop on 107 facts you should know about Mickey Mouse. I was surprised by many of them, especially number 11.
Leave a comment and let our community know which one surprised you the most!
Here’s an interesting fact about Mickey Mouse – the voice of Mickey Mouse was portrayed by many different people. Walt Disney voiced Micky from 1928-1947, 1955-1962, and again in 2013. In between, there was Carl W. Stalling (1929), Jimmy McDonald (1946-1976), and Wayne Allwine (1977- 2009). Others also voiced Mickey over the years.
Mickey Mouse was featured in many black and white films from 1928-1935; The Opry House, when the Cat’s Away, The Cactus Kid, and a handful of other ‘shorts.’ He has also been featured in a wide variety of color ‘shorts’ between 1935 and 1953. In 1940 we saw Mickey Mouse in his first feature-length film, Fantasia.
Since Mickey Mouse is the official Walt Disney mascot, he has appeared on millions of merchandise pieces. The most popular item is probably this Mickey Mouse T-Shirt.
The Disney company really revolves around Mickey Mouse. For example, he is also a staple at Disneyland in California, opened in 1955, Walt Disney World in Florida, Disney Cruise Lines, and Toyko and Hong Kong Disneyland. Mickey Mouse has had the honor of meeting every president of The United States, beginning with Harry Truman, except Lyndon B Johnson. On Mickey’s 50th anniversary, he was the first cartoon character to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame; November 1978.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.