Robin Williams whose full name is Robin McLaurin Williams, born on 21st July 1951, was an American actor and comedian famous for his manic stand-up routines as well as diverse film performances. Robin learned to use humor to entertain his classmates and he had a very crazy and unique approach to comedy.
Robin Williams pursued political science at Claremont McKenna College where he started taking courses in improvisation. Later he joined the College of Marin to pursue acting but was awarded a scholarship at Juilliard school located in New York City. Robin finally moved back to California and began appearing in comedy clubs from the early 1970s.
By the mid-1970s Robin was a guest-starring on TV shows such as Laugh-In and The Richard Pryor Show. Between 1978-82, William was given his own show Mork & Mindy which gave him a great opportunity to take the enthusiasm of his comic performances to the small screen thus giving an outlet for his amazing improvisational talents.
Robin was extremely talented as a comedian and as an actor. His awards included an Academy Award for Best Support Actor, six Golden Globe Awards, a special Golden Globe for Vocal Work for his role as Genie in Aladdin, a Cecil B. DeMille award in 2005 and a Disney legends award in 2009.
Below is a compilation of Robin Williams’s best thoughts, quotes, and wise saying that we found from many different sources.
The Funniest Robin Williams Quotes
1. “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people that make you feel all alone”– Robin Williams
2. “Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an actor, he said, “Wonderful. Just have a back-up profession like welding.”– Robin Williams
3. “We don’t read and write poetry because it’s cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion.”– Robin Williams
4. “You are a big country. You are the kindest country in the world. You are like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.”– Robin Williams
5. “The essential truth is that sometimes you’re worried that they’ll find out it’s a fluke, that you don’t really have it. You’ve lost the muse or – the worst dread – you never had it at all. I went through all that madness early on.”– Robin Williams
6. “Performing comedy in San Francisco to begin with is pretty wild. You’ve got to – you’ve got the human game preserve to play off of. And it’s a lot of great characters everywhere. You work off that, and then you play the rooms, and eventually you get to a point where you’re playing a club that is a comedy club, with other comics.”– Robin Williams
Related: Patton Oswalt’s Best Quotes
7. “”The ‘Aladdin’ thing – that’s not work; that’s just fun. Three days in the recording studio going mad, then the animators do all the work. Not a bad way to cash a large check, my friend.”– Robin Williams.”
8. “Okra is the closest thing to nylon I’ve ever eaten. It’s like they bred cotton with a green bean. Okra, tastes like snot. The more you cook it, the more it turns into string.”– Robin Williams
9. “I believe Ronald Reagan can make this country what it once was… a large Arctic region covered with ice.”– Robin Williams
10. “I bought one of the first Nintendo systems and brought that home, and we were playing ‘Legend of Zelda’ at the time, and it was addicting, and I was playing it for hours and hours and hours.”– Robin Williams
11. “Cocaine is God’s way of telling you you are making too much money.”– Robin Williams
12. “The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying, “Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.” She’s got a baseball bat and yelling “You want a piece of me?”– Robin Williams
13. “God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time.”– Robin Williams
14. “When you have a great audience, you can just keep going and finding new things.”– Robin Williams
15.” It’s hard when you read an article saying bad things about you. It is as if someone is sticking a knife on your heart. But I am the harshest critic of my work.”– Robin Williams
16. “You treat a disease, you win, you lose. You treat a person, I guarantee you, you’ll win, no matter what the outcome.”– Robin Williams
17. “For me, comedy starts as a spew, a kind of explosion, and then you sculpt it from there, if at all. It comes out of a deeper, darker side. Maybe it comes from anger, because I’m outraged by cruel absurdities, the hypocrisy that exists everywhere, even within yourself, where it’s hardest to see.”– Robin Williams
18. “Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting. And if you’re ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky.”– Robin Williams
19. “You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.”– Robin Williams
20. “You’re not perfect, sport. And let me save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn’t perfect either. But the question is whether or not you’re perfect for each other. That’s the whole deal. That’s what intimacy is all about.”– Robin Williams
Related: Bill Hicks’ Best Quotes
21. “Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting.”– Robin Williams
22. “You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars.”– Robin Williams
23. “When I was growing up they used to say, ‘Robin, drugs can kill you.’ Now that I’m 58 my doctor’s telling me, ‘Robin, you need drugs to live.’ I realise now that my doctor is also a dealer…”– Robin Williams
24. “You don’t know about real loss because it only occurs when you’ve loved something more than you love yourself.”– Robin Williams
25. “Gentlemen, haven’t we learned anything from the music of John Lennon? All we need is love.”– Robin Williams
26. “For me, comedy starts as a spew, a kind of explosion, and then you sculpt it from there, if at all. It comes out of a deeper, darker side. Maybe it comes from anger, because I’m outraged by cruel absurdities, the hypocrisy that exists everywhere, even within yourself, where it’s hardest to see”– Robin Williams
27. “We get to choose who we let in to our weird little worlds.”– Robin Williams
28. “I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.”– Robin Williams
29. “Some are born great. Some achieve greatness. Some get it as a graduation gift.”– Robin Williams
Related: Funny Graduation Quotes
30. “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”– Robin Williams
31. “Ah, yes, divorce . . . from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man’s genitals through his wallet.”– Robin Williams
32. “I do believe in love; it’s wonderful – especially love third time around, it’s even more precious; it’s kind of amazing.”– Robin Williams
33. “I write on big yellow legal pads – ideas in outline form when I’m doing stand-up and stuff. It’s vivid that way. I can’t type it into an iPad – I think that would put a filter into the process.”– Robin Williams
34. “I want to do a movie, but it has to be the right movie, whether it’s independent or a studio movie. I’m much more open to being a supporting actor. At the age of 60, I’ll be second fiddle. Fine. I’m happy to do it.”– Robin Williams
35. “With film roles, it just has to be a character either I haven’t done before, or a role with somebody really interesting or with an interesting person or group of people.”– Robin Williams
36. “In ‘The Secret Agent,’ it’s basically a character that was admired by Theodore Kaczynski, which is some fan mail you don’t really want to open. This is a man who is a chemist and who specializes in making bombs and despises humanity.”– Robin Williams
37. “I left school and couldn’t find acting work, so I started going to clubs where you could do stand-up. I’ve always improvised, and stand-up was this great release. All of a sudden, it was just me and the audience.”– Robin Williams
38. “As an alcoholic, you will violate your standards quicker than you can lower them.”– Robin Williams
39. “I loved school, maybe too much, really. I was summa cum laude in high school. I was driven that way.”– Robin Williams
40. “Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. “I want it to be the way it was.” But if you continue the way it was there will be no “is.”– Robin Williams
41. “There’s three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer.”– Robin Williams
42. “There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.”– Robin Williams
43. “In the dictionary under redundant it says see redundant.”– Robin Williams
44. “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.”– Robin Williams
45. “Imagining something is better than remembering something.”– Robin Williams
Related: Bill Burr Quotes
Robin Williams Funniest Moments
This video is a gem – it’s a compilation of his funniest moments. You will definitely find it hilarious and be prepared to laugh!
Robin Williams was a stunning comedian who inspired masses with his humorous acting. His career has been very successful demonstrating pure talent since he began entertaining crowds including his classmates at a young age.
Unfortunately, Robin took his own life on August 11, 2014, at his home in Paradise Cove, California. He had a long history of depression during his life and he had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.
Robin’s remarkable acting skills earned him so much love and admiration from the fans as well as reputed awards such as the Academy Award. We hope these quotes help you remember how funny he was and how many lives he touched during his life.
I’m Alice Judy and AnQuotes is a fun hobby for me. We know that everyone loves a great quote and our mission here is simple – to be the best and most interesting quote site in the world! If you have quotes you would like us to cover, please contact us.